Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

Alamo is dropping

Payson is closed this weekend guys. Plan your trips accordingly.

Oh that's right, the annual fumigation
So no Petes place this weekend?
Say hello to Vanessa for me!
What does she look like?
About 5'6 dark hair, gifted.....
Should be easy to pick out.

Itll be the one on trphyhntrs lap

Remember when they said that when Roosevelt filled after new dam was done it would be world class fishing. Reports in all magazines were watch out for Roosevelt, it will be the greatest fishing in the whole country. It will be WONDERFUL. LOL :rolleyes:[/quote

Roosevelt is fishing real well right now.

Back on topic with good news, the ACOE looks like they are following their schedule and the main valve was able to shut after decades of not using it. The "worst" is over, and as long as they don't turn it back up, they might be releasing less than anticipated from here on out.

Planned:

attachicon.gif2018 03 05 Final Alamo Hydrograph.jpg

Actual @ 05:30 MST 03-16-2018

attachicon.gifUSGSbelowAlamo.gif

So the world is not ending? This topic was misleading. Maybe harness all the tears for the fish and refill the lake?

Who said the world was ending? How is "Alamo is dropping" or anything in the OP misleading?? I would say people familiar with the lake and multiple agencies going to court to try to file injunctions to stop or delay the flush would qualify as drama.

I was trying to bring a little perspective to the post. We live in a frickin desert! We bank water for later use. Fish are a bonus added as a biproduct of having that reserve. If the parties responsible for these waters (that we have allowed to take possesion by either our action or inaction) make adjustments for whatever reason, the bass spawn is not going to be as big a concern as the maintaining of the resevoir. Unfortunate timing maybe but certainly not the major event this is being out to be. Do you work for FOX News by chance? Will we have a generation of bass that are "entitled" to certain water levels?

Back on topic with good news, the ACOE looks like they are following their schedule and the main valve was able to shut after decades of not using it. The "worst" is over, and as long as they don't turn it back up, they might be releasing less than anticipated from here on out.

Planned:

So the world is not ending? This topic was misleading. Maybe harness all the tears for the fish and refill the lake?

Who said the world was ending? How is "Alamo is dropping" or anything in the OP misleading?? I would say people familiar with the lake and multiple agencies going to court to try to file injunctions to stop or delay the flush would qualify as drama.

I was trying to bring a little perspective to the post. We live in a frickin desert! We bank water for later use. Fish are a bonus added as a biproduct of having that reserve. If the parties responsible for these waters (that we have allowed to take possesion by either our action or inaction) make adjustments for whatever reason, the bass spawn is not going to be as big a concern as the maintaining of the resevoir. Unfortunate timing maybe but certainly not the major event this is being out to be. Do you work for FOX News by chance? Will we have a generation of bass that are "entitled" to certain water levels?

Wtf is wrong with Fox News, You don't like sean Hannity?

Planned:

Wow. Make inaccurate comments and then spew your thoughts without answering either of the two questions I asked. And since you want to go there, much like the other news network does. Are you related to Anderson Cooper?

Fact: When I started the thread, the lake was dropping. Plain and simple.

I made ABSOLUTELY no comment on the logistics or rationale of the flush. The ACOE put out a lengthy paper on the reasons why they are performing the flush now.