Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

New Cardinal's QB

1) Bradford fills the QB gap for the next year, maybe two (pray he stays healthy enough to start a minimum dozen games per year). If not for his injuries, might actually be one of best QBs in NFL ...

2) Trade up to draft QB (I still like Mayfield ... ???)

3) Pick up a more-skilled veteran back-up QB (which they did today in Mike Glennon, who is football smart)

4) Sign 2-3 experienced NFL offensive linemen >>> concentrate on re-establishing a run-first game with DJ!

5) Also pick up couple GOOD O-Linemen in draft

6) Need to address wide receiver position!!!

7) Budda Baker is 4 years younger than Tyrann Mathieu , and is an upcoming talent with good knees! Releasing Honey Badger a biz decision (he may not get as good a deal out there and may reconsider Cards, you never know) ...

Piece of cake, Jake --- right???

• Like 1

Its better, in the long run, to tank and lose 13 games 2-3 years in a row than be 8-8 every year for 5 years.

• Like 1

I was in Rocky Point reading all this stuff on twitter..

Bradford- 20 mil is the average for starting QB's now. Dude is always injured but the most accurate of QB's left after Cousins signed with Minny it is what it is lol. Cant blame Minny they are very close to winning the Super Bowl. 100 mil to get a Super Bowl is worth it. The Cardinals still have to draft a QB of the future an hopefully Keim has the balls to trade up. Mike Glennon is a horrible signing. Hopefully he never gets to throw in a live game for the Cardinals. The Honey Badger cut was coming. Wilks just doesn't spend big money or draft picks on safeties, they have little value in his system. Badger can still ball though and should get a good offer somewhere but doubt its gonna be 9 million.

Glennon is fairly cheap insurance for the China Doll at $4 million. Nowhere near as ridiculous as the $18.5 million he got from Chicago for playing 4 games.

I will admit that Bradford when he's on it and healthy is pretty good. If he can stay upright for the full 16 games he will have earned his money. That's a 120" Coues Whitetail sized "IF"!

• Like 2

Bradford's knee is the big question mark? That was my big concern when the Vikings traded for him in 2016. Those issues came to light when Bradford spent most of 2017 on injured reserve.

He is damaged goods, and you never know what will happen.

Vikings traded with Denver for Trevor Siemian as a backup to Kirk Cousins.

Manning was damaged goods before he went to Denver. If the components of the team are sound, there is great potential if Bradford could avoid injury.

It' far from perfect, but it's probably the best choice that the Cards are left with.

Glennon is fairly cheap insurance for the China Doll at $4 million. Nowhere near as ridiculous as the $18.5 million he got from Chicago for playing 4 games.

I will admit that Bradford when he's on it and healthy is pretty good. If he can stay upright for the full 16 games he will have earned his money. That's a 120" Coues Whitetail sized "IF"!

So you are saying there is a chance???

Good riddance Tyrann Mathieu. Shows how selfish they are. Cardinals took a huge chance and helped him out even with his drug charges in college. Now theyre asking him to help them out to make the team better especially with his poor performance last year. Cards were willing to give 9mil. I bet he doesnt get that and regrets his decision. I dont think heck ever be the same from his knee surgeries. His explosiveness is gone and resulted in him getting burned so much.

Haha then he only gets 7mil at Houston for 1yr. Greedy bastard.

• Like 2

There was rumor that the Vikings had an interest in Mathieu, but they just signed DT, Sheldon Richardson, from the Seahawks. Salary cap space is getting a little thin with the draft coming up.

Offensive guard, Pugh, signed away from giants. He's a 5 year vet that'll be a plug and play upgrade for the line. Things just got a bit more interesting.

• Like 1