Sign in to follow this  
Chris

No cams on water by G&F.....coming soon.

New regs coming..... Scroll down to lower half of this document. Changes in YELLOW!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/azgfd.wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/27140635/Article-3-NPRM1.pdf

5. A person shall not use any trail camera, or images from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of the outer perimeter of a developed water source.

I love my trail cams but some of these water holes are ridiculous with them. Saw one on the bab a few years ago that had five different cams on it.

• Like 1

Virtually every lake in AZ is man made so I'm guessing this will include the lake shores?

Seems to be some grey areas with regard to to interpretation of the new rules.

Don't care for the camera abusers but more govt regulation I dislike even more. Tired of always being told what I can or can't do by the govt.

I would have to say the people who run dozens and even hundreds of cameras have nobody else to blame but themselves for this rule change.

• Like 2

Giants will recover again in the unit with 100,000 cameras 13 B . I couldn't imagine walking up to a waterhole without seeing no game cameras

• Like 1

heck ya , no more cameras, going old school.

There are actually going to be more now. instead one at the water there will be one or more on every trail leading to the water.

There are actually going to be more now. instead one at the water there will be one or more on every trail leading to the water.

Not possible a quarter mile out without using 10+ cameras per water source. There's too many trails going to water when you're out a quarter mile from the water.

Not possible a quarter mile out without using 10+ cameras per water source. There's too many trails going to water when you're out a quarter mile from the water.

Some of these outfitters have 100's of cameras. They might not have one on every trail but the mains ones at least

So, the deer draw results do not come out until early/mid July. If you don't have a tag you can't be accused of using the cams for taking wildlife. Seems you can still keep your cam on water until you have a tag. the wording seems too vague to enforce.

• Like 2

I love my trail cams but some of these water holes are ridiculous with them. Saw one on the bab a few years ago that had five different cams on it.

At least they were all there. That seems like a rare thing these days.

Sweet. So one of my top 3 favorite things to do is banned. I like how there's no way to establish intent of the cam so if you're just using it for fun and not hunting they'll just steal your cam off water?

• Like 2

Sweet. So one of my top 3 favorite things to do is banned. I like how there's no way to establish intent of the cam so if you're just using it for fun and not hunting they'll just steal your cam off water?

That is what I am thinking.

That is what I am thinking.

It's certainly going to be open season on game cameras! What is game and fish going to do with all the confiscated cams?

Why don't they just target the problem areas instead of make the rule statewide? Make it only for units north of the Grand Canyon and at a specific time. Why punish the OTC archery hunters in the 30 units who are happy to shoot a 2 point off of water?

• Like 3