Sign in to follow this  
maximus

AZGFD

Just called the game and fish in flagstaff and asked if i can get the number for the wildlife manager for unit 7E since i got drawn for the peaks hunt and the lady gave me a website to look but it wouldn't give the number , she said stop taking phone calls so i said if they weren't helping people anymore, i don't want info of specifics but info like how is the elk density there, open roads , trails etc.

i think is poor customer service.

• Like 1

Yes it is. They should at least give you the number. Doesn't mean he/she has to tell you Where the elk are but general info woul be nice.

Just called the game and fish in flagstaff and asked if i can get the number for the wildlife manager for unit 7E since i got drawn for the peaks hunt and the lady gave me a website to look but it wouldn't give the number , she said stop taking phone calls so i said if they weren't helping people anymore, i don't want info of specifics but info like how is the elk density there, open roads , trails etc.

i think is poor customer service.

Flagstaff G&F front desk are by far the rudest and grumpiest employees in the entire department. I'll happily drive 2 hours to the Pinetop office before going into that office again. Call and ask to leave a message for the warden or biologist. You will have to press them over and over and make it obvious you aren't going to hang up until you get thru. Then you can leave a message and hope they call back.

Is that the wilderness area? If yes check randy Newberg Youtube videos.

If you are vaguely familiar with the area you can use them to hike pretty much to where he camped and killed...

• Like 2

This is the game and fish policy not to give out contact info for wildlife managers as they don't want to waste their time with hunters, I have also called and been told this. Also heard on John Stallones podcast he ran into the same thing.

Peaks hunt isn't all wilderness area if I recall correctly.

now it is, is called Kachina Peaks Wilderness Hunt and from what I understand from the Regs the only part that you can hunt not being in the wilderness is the inner basin.

I dont believe they should pass out numbers at all, I believe they should take a msg and then have him send you an email or call you from a blocked number. These poor guys get hammered by bullshit calls all year. and after the draw its even worse, 2 days before the season it gets even worse.

most if not all info is on the web anyhow, either forests service for roads and such, game and fish website for studies and stuff. email G&F and they will send you the info.

the rest of it its time get go and scout which includes finding roads trails etc etc. also just because a rod is open one day doesnt it will be open the next day with the forrest service.

G&F doesnt dictate whats roads are open, trails etc thats the forest service job.

poor customer service???? thats a bit of a stretch

• Like 6

I may be the exception to the rule, but the couple of times I reached out to G&F they gave me everything I asked for and more complete with GPS coordinates and times to hunt.

They should try to help if possible. After all we pay their sallary Which isn't much but Still............BOB!

• Like 1

The only reason i called is because is a new hunt and maybe they can give you some info on the elk herd and other things, I have lots of time to scout and find areas and elk and yes is poor customer service not a stretch, the way they speak to you in that flagstaff office is nasty. I don’t think i’m the only one.

So how is it bad customer service to send you to a web site that might answer your questions? How about looking at the web site and then sending an e-mail, that can be answered at their convenience, if you still have questions. I know right now in NM they are getting ready to do elk studies on cow/calf and bull/cow ratios and may not have the data that you are asking for yet.

Put yourself in their shoes. Maybe they do need some training at the front desk, but maybe you are the 50th person that day that has called for the same reason. My wife being a trial attorney gets calls at all times and all days from "clients" without regard to the fact she might be getting ready for a trial on a different case. Basically she has had to get a personal cell phone and turn her business phone off at 5 PM. I can understand why they won't give out numbers.

So how is it bad customer service to send you to a web site that might answer your questions? How about looking at the web site and then sending an e-mail, that can be answered at their convenience, if you still have questions. I know right now in NM they are getting ready to do elk studies on cow/calf and bull/cow ratios and may not have the data that you are asking for yet.

Put yourself in their shoes. Maybe they do need some training at the front desk, but maybe you are the 50th person that day that has called for the same reason. My wife being a trial attorney gets calls at all times and all days from "clients" without regard to the fact she might be getting ready for a trial on a different case. Basically she has had to get a personal cell phone and turn her business phone off at 5 PM. I can understand why they won't give out numbers.

The website she sent wasnt valid it was somethng else, im In the hospitality business and customer service is number 1 and doesnt matter if is the first or the 100th person to call we always treat them like the first, maybe in New Mexico is different, like I said before there are ways to answer and if you treat people nice they go a long way.

Like I said is a new hunt and no word about it in their website otherwise I wouldnt have called.

• Like 1