Huntermichael

Air Gun coming to archery seasons in AZ

I say ban archery rut hunts if you're allowed to use everything but a rifle with a letter from a doctor. Real talk. Life isn't fair

life isn't fair but there's nothing wrong with letting more people in on the sport. The percentage of people with crossbow permits vs regular archery hunters is miniscule. If a couple guys get to go have a good time when they otherwise couldn't and can enjoy the woods like the rest of the archery world what's wrong with that?

Nothing really till it's not just a couple guys. I just think you either pull the bow back or you don't.

If you can't walk is it you either get out of the truck and off the road to shoot or you don't hunt?

You may not have typed anything regarding the pope and young and crossbows but it's in the file you attached from the az bowhunters association. I'm curious if you have something to do with the association and if that truly is their official stance on the subject and if BIA record book has the same stance. If so please contact me so I can withdraw my membership and any animals I have entered.

Would you like me to pull your buck from P&Y... among other reasons? Ed F

Holy crap you know about that? Thought it was only his brother and him knew and a few others.

I am saddened the ABA has taken this position. It reflects poorly on the organization.

I had a dear friend and brother in law that had ALS, waited 10 years for a bull tag, the year he drew it he couldn't move too well. He got a crossbow, but it was very difficult to get him into position because of the size and angle.

I believe an airgun would have help him achieve something he really wanted to do before he passed.

Shame on the ABA.

Andy

Personally, I think archery only seasons should be restricted to compounds & traditional equipment, drawn and held under the stress of holding the draw weight. Anybody not capable of doing so needs to get a firearm/muzzleloader permit. Got no issue with a champ permit for archery only seasons providing the issue is mobility and not the inability to use a compound or traditional bow.

IIRC, archery is supposed to be a primitive weapon season. A scoped airbow capable of 450 fps is not what I'd call a primitive weapon.

FLAME ON!

HAHA somebody equating a compound bow to primitive....

P&Y's position on the Air Bow is... not during archery season. Consider it done. Ed F

What a complete douche of a post.

• Like 1

Nothing really till it's not just a couple guys. I just think you either pull the bow back or you don't.

If you can't walk is it you either get out of the truck and off the road to shoot or you don't hunt?
I thought people that can't walk can get licenses to shoot from a truck?

There already are options & seasons for people with disabilities. Apply for an early rifle hunt/muzzy hunt and hunt it with a arrow gun if you want to hunt in Sept. This is what rifle & muzzy hunters have to do if this is the time period they want to hunt. There are already too many abuses of people using crossbows during archery season and this will take it to a whole new level IMO. If it is a temporary injury or recent injury we now have point guard and tag can be turned in without giving up points. Wasn't that one of the main arguments G&F made when defending it? I specifically remember them saying "life happens" and point guard is now there to protect you.

I am a little confused on why G&F is doing this now when there are no other states that allow it. Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me. So many bigger issues than this and the dept. does not even address them.

I have written G&F fish and encouraged others to do the same. No arrow guns during archery seasons.

• Like 2

When new technology hits the scene then new rules for their use will have to be made. G&F are actually getting ahead of the game so things dont get out hand like cameras, quads. etc.

There already are options & seasons for people with disabilities. Apply for an early rifle hunt/muzzy hunt and hunt it with a arrow gun if you want to hunt in Sept. This is what rifle & muzzy hunters have to do if this is the time period they want to hunt. There are already too many abuses of people using crossbows during archery season and this will take it to a whole new level IMO. If it is a temporary injury or recent injury we now have point guard and tag can be turned in without giving up points. Wasn't that one of the main arguments G&F made when defending it? I specifically remember them saying "life happens" and point guard is now there to protect you.

I am a little confused on why G&F is doing this now when there are no other states that allow it. Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me. So many bigger issues than this and the dept. does not even address them.

I have written G&F fish and encouraged others to do the same. No arrow guns during archery seasons.

Plenty of states allow it. Look it up

Did not know that but it still does not change the fact that this is more gun and not a bow in any way. Shoot one of these arrow rifles all day long if you want but do it during a gun season.

• Like 1

200 yards? No. What is the difference in one of these and a crossbow that shoots 450fps? I agree crossbow permits should be harder to get, but for law abinding citizens that are actually disabled, these are not an issue. Go after g&f not being so loosey goosey with crossbow permits, not the people that need them.

Champ permits and crossbow permits used to be more difficult to get and also I don't remember them being for temporarily disabled people as now you can get x-bow permit temporarily.. Pretty sure crossbow permit used to be only for permanently disabled people and i think it used to he 90% or greater loss of use of 1 arm.

I have both the champ permit and a crossbow permit I don't think the airbow should be legal during archery season. Save it for the ham hunt and rifle hunt. I mean I'm sitting here knowing that it would be legal for me to use it during an archery hunt and I'm trying to figure out where disabled or not why would it be fair for me to hunt during an archery hunt and shoot an animal to to 300 yards away while somebody else has to stick to you know under 60 yards for the most part. I am at a disadvantage when it comes to the hiking part but allowing me to use scoped crossbow shooting 400 feet per second is probably good enough. If you are me with an airbow it's allowing me to rifle hunt during archery I just I just don't know that seems a little strange. All crossbows can have cocking devices put on them where you just cranked them to cock the bow. If somebody can't use a cocking device they probably can't hold airbow either without help. I'm one of the bonuses of a crossbow is been able to cock the crossbow and basically sit in your stand all day long with a cocked you're not drawing a bow on your shoulder or neck or back or whatever the problem is heck somebody else could cock the bow for you or you could use a cocking device. I'm not sure how this ever made it up for vote

• Like 2

I thought people that can't walk can get licenses to shoot from a truck?

Yes champ license but still can't road hunt. Park by a pasture or what not and shoot from truck and can have designated person to dispatch animal if need be.