PseAZ

Trying to decide....?

Scope options?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Trying to decide on a scope for the wife.

• Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50
    • Leupold VX-3i LRP 6.5-20x50mm
    • Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP

A larger lens will theoretically transmit more light and produce a higher resolution image. In reality there is a great variance in the quality of lenses and a higher quality but smaller lens can easily outperform a larger lens. One thing larger lenses do is add weight. She is going to carry that rifle and the heavier it gets the less fun that becomes. One specification you might want to watch as you shop is weight.

• Like 1

I do not know how much shooting your wife will do. If not a lot, then perhaps a BDC scope will be more appropriate as it would make easy work of shots to 400 yards. The Tract Torics reportedly track well too if she will also dial, and they come with a turret kit. I currently have this scope in my 28 Nosler.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-3-15x42-bdc

I think 50mm scopes look funky on alot of rifles especially small/medium size ones. They look to bulky. It also pulls your head up higher off the rifle

A good 40-44mm with a 30mm tube will transmit alot of good light and keep your head closer to the stock.

• Like 1

Nikon 3x9bdc works pretty good. Ive shot animals from 10yrds to a lion a bedded down at 739yrds with the 3x9bdc on a youth 700 .243.

Thanks for all the input guys I've been looking alot at the Leupold's and think I found 2 that we like and would seem to work pretty well for what we're looking for.

VX-5HD 3-15x44mm

VX-3i 6.5-20x50mm or VX-3i 6.5-20x40mm