Sign in to follow this  
Beaton

Rests

Just upgraded my 15 year old hoyt ultra Tec to a pro defiant 34. Finally drew another archery bull tag so I decided what the heck. My old bow had a tm hunter style rest and killed many animals. Debating a whisker biscuit because of no moving parts but a drop away will shoot better as long a no malfunctions. Opinions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

I have shot both trophy taker and QAD HDX rest. I prefer the QAD. I havent had issues with either of them but the QAD stands above in my eyes.

In 10 plus years of having a drop away, I have never had a single problem. I have known Bruce at the 27th ave sportsmans warehouse archery dept. for more than 30 years and he is the guy I have set up all my bows. He is very meticulous almost to the point where it will drive the normal guy crazy.

I think you will be happy with whatever you decide but no need to be afraid of a drop-away if set up correctly.

Highly recommend going with a limb driven rest. You will have zero tension on your cable so it will be easier to tune and keep in tune. Ive been shooting the trophy taker smackdown for 7 years now and doubt I will be changing

I had a whisker biscuit and it was ok but would never go back to it after using the QAD drop away. Better groups, quieter on drawback and easy to time if you follow the instructions. I’ve never had an issue with a drop away so their reliability wouldn’t be a deterrent on using one for me.

I really appreciate the input!The last thing I need on an early archery bull tag is a rest malfunction. I will try the qad I think and buy a biscuit for a back up rest.

Agree with maverick I've seen more qads fail than any other rest out there but most will have to try it first befor it fails even though they know eventually it will happen

I'm just going to shoot both a whisker and a drop away and make my decision. Both my kids shoot biscuits and love them. Kids being 16 and 21 years old.