Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Tell me about crappie fishing

Never had perch but the boys I know from Michigan prefer bluegill over walleye or perch and they're hardcore walleye fisherman. Where does split tail rank?

Tastes like wet wet pennies

Never had perch but the boys I know from Michigan prefer bluegill over walleye or perch and they're hardcore walleye fisherman. Where does split tail rank?

Woah.. I had to read this twice. I could have sworn you said wet penis.

• Like 1

The Urban dictionary just let me know wet pennies were. Trphyhntr is an animal.

Probably because you always have dicks on your mind

• Like 1

The Urban dictionary just let me know wet pennies were. Trphyhntr is an animal.
And i put pennies in my mouth, i could have just looked it up.😫

I do love a good fish fry of crappie, walleye is right up there and yellow perch - you can catch them all day long at Fish Lake in Utah, but it's hard not to go for the big lake trout and splake when you are up there. Love some mid sized cats too. But the best eating fish, IMO, smallies on the Black, cooked up on shore the day they're caught.

• Like 1

I bought an $8 grub kit with about 8 heads and assorted colors. Right away it seemed to me they did not spin properly and im pretty sure i rigged it right. I suppose thats why people spend the money on the individual berkley or gulp stuff. Saw several mentions of minnows in the other crappie thread. Is that for live minnows or the rubber kind? I'm fishing Patagonia so only shad and bluegill are allowed as far as live bait goes.

I experienced San Carlos in the early '80's when whole coves would boil and you could not pull them in fast enough, batter fried heaven!

Some use jigs, I always used the minnow and bobber cuz that's just how I roll.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/ipm3-NK-quk

"the old cane pole gridlock" skip to 1:11:00 and watch for a couple mins.

I too experienced it in the 80's with my grandfather(buddy culpepper). We were featured in Arizona hunter & angler for crappie fishing at san carlos with long poles. Great times then. We caught thousands of crappie back then.

I remember in the early 80's at Roosevelt we would pull to a tree in the tonto end and catch as many crappies you wanted to clean. It was no problem filling an ice chest.