Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Unable to understand how many on this site are able to ride bicycles

Sometimes its the only way I can justify buying something I dont really need but want. If I can buy it any day of the week for what youre asking whats the motivation.

• Like 2

I'm a low baller I admit it, but there are some prices on here that compare to brand new for used, and it doesn't hurt to try and just say no. But you can get some great deals

• Like 2

I'm always going to try and get the best deal. You don't know what a guy will take until you ask.

I have a family member that is a multi millionaire, and due to his style of bargaining, we quit going on vacation with him to Mexico. It was embarrassing how far he would beat people down, to next to nothing on their goods. 3 dollars to him, makes no difference, but to them is huge. But my family member enjoys it. And they can always say no.

I see things differently, this was a community of hunters that helped each other out. Now it seems like it is a commerce site to pick off people, who sometimes are in real need. I am not trying to tout myself as a Gandhi. I have purchased from guys in dire straights, I could go in for the kill. I wanted them to be able to buy back the items, when they got their finances in order. And be able to get back into the field. Sometimes they are able, and sometimes I end up with items I wouldn't normally purchase.

Some of these were loaners. I would send them out with kids and their dads. Not everyone can afford the initial cost to hunt.

I am not selling my stuff because I have to, I will probably donate some of these to a charity for youth if they dont sell.

on a different topic, I picked up 2 suppressors today, from NFA jail. 6.5 months wait. Turkey camp will be fun with the Salvo on my Beretta. If you see me up in the camp in Unit 23, ask me and I will let you shoot it, but for a cost of 6 dollars a shell, I mean, I will cover the shell. 3 stamps in total 2 cans and one sbr.post-3516-0-93926200-1522714375_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Agree with lowballers but also many people selling guns for more than you can get them for new.easy just gotta say no thanks

• Like 1

That's awesome, and that's allot quicker than I've heard of, manypu say it takes almost a year

I waited 13months for my last group

• Like 1

I see things differently, this was a community of hunters that helped each other out. Now it seems like it is a commerce site to pick off people, who sometimes are in real need.

I dont know how long you been around on forums including this one. but the internet sales has always been like this.This hunters helping hunters or fishermen helping fishermen is just feel good BS nothing more. its never been true and never will be when someone is buying or selling something.

sellers almost always ask more than its worth and buyers always try to jew people down. forums are just a bad as Craigslist / back page if not worse. this pretty much started in the late to mid 90's and hasnt changed since.

Back in the day of the classifieds on print. you would go look at something with cash in hand and either buy it for advertised or offer him less then be done with it wether he says no or not. due to the internet there is no face to face haggling so to speak. its all behind a key board on a celphone.

firearms usually went for 75% to be honest they arent worth more that unless they have collectors value. or are REALLY NIB not LOOKS LIKE NEW IN BOX. firearm accessories usually went for 50-60% only a fool would buy a pair of binocs or spotting scope 2-3 or more years old for 80% of new price.

but hunters just like fishermen think there shoot is worth gold but yet when it comes time to buy it they want to pay shoot prices... funny how that works you can see that on forsale ads on every forum.

I look at it this way. if someone has something I want I buy it for what there asking, if I dont like the price I dont buy it and buy new or wait for something to come up.

AND BTW no one is in real need of buying anything sporting related. they would like to buy it but they DONT NEED TO as far as selling something cause someone needs money they take what they can get. this excuess has been used to get peoples feelings thinking they are helping someone out in need only too many times to see that person selling it turnaround 1--3 weeks later buying something else..

I'm from real old school --park and swap- at greyhound dog track since I was 7. buy sell trade was how we lived - buy it for next to nothing fix it resell it.

yard sales are huge for people dumpin stuff- I have resold for less than I paid - more than i'd like to admit.

everyone looks for deals - I rarely want to just give anyone what they want- guess i'll never change - not like I'm a rich cheapskate. just doing what I learned !

good luck to all selling stuff- - I've tried to basically give high dollar stuff for 1/2 price I still got it or was offered less.

Nature of the bargain beast

yes -i'm 65 and I'm still riding a bike! $450 dollar bike for $125

I see things differently, this was a community of hunters that helped each other out. Now it seems like it is a commerce site to pick off people, who sometimes are in real need.

I dont know how long you been around on forums including this one. but the internet sales has always been like this.This hunters helping hunters or fishermen helping fishermen is just feel good BS nothing more. its never been true and never will be when someone is buying or selling something.

sellers almost always ask more than its worth and buyers always try to jew people down. forums are just a bad as Craigslist / back page if not worse. this pretty much started in the late to mid 90's and hasnt changed since.

Back in the day of the classifieds on print. you would go look at something with cash in hand and either buy it for advertised or offer him less then be done with it wether he says no or not. due to the internet there is no face to face haggling so to speak. its all behind a key board on a celphone.

firearms usually went for 75% to be honest they arent worth more that unless they have collectors value. or are REALLY NIB not LOOKS LIKE NEW IN BOX. firearm accessories usually went for 50-60% only a fool would buy a pair of binocs or spotting scope 2-3 or more years old for 80% of new price.

but hunters just like fishermen think there shoot is worth gold but yet when it comes time to buy it they want to pay shoot prices... funny how that works you can see that on forsale ads on every forum.

I look at it this way. if someone has something I want I buy it for what there asking, if I dont like the price I dont buy it and buy new or wait for something to come up.

AND BTW no one is in real need of buying anything sporting related. they would like to buy it but they DONT NEED TO as far as selling something cause someone needs money they take what they can get. this excuess has been used to get peoples feelings thinking they are helping someone out in need only too many times to see that person selling it turnaround 1--3 weeks later buying something else..

Not so, I'm always looking to upgrade tents because my ol lady tells me I may be living in one full time soon.
  • Like 3

I've agreed to prices over the phone with buyers, and they show up and pretend like they didn't bring enough cash.

I'll wait, while you go back and get the correct amount that we agreed upon.

Homey don't play that game.

• Like 1

I always figure if it doesn't sell with in a day or two then your asking to much.

The 24th of July 2009 to be exact. And it was a help each other site. And if you would look a little further then your myopic existence, if we don't retain hunters and recruit young hunters, we will lose hunting as we know it. I see you joined in 2016, so from your experience you have your views. But thank you for trying to teach me the ways if the world.

• Like 1

Heck I joined this site back in april of 04 and class of 89 from palo verde. Does that make me a winner.