Sign in to follow this  
Coueshunter77

Hunting over water

Anyone have any experience hunting lions over water? I've found 5 kills all within a 1/2 square or so of each other all with in the last few months. I see tracks but the kills are never very fresh and I haven't been able to glass them up yet.

Have seen plenty of cats water during the day.

You would actually probably do better watching deer nearby to locate that cat. They hit water in less than a minute most of the time. They will spend hours trying to get on a deer to kill. Will get more shot opportunities if you do spot one stalking

• Like 1

I killed my second lion sitting water but I actually was hunting deer at the time. My third lion came sitting a game trail up under the rim. Being in the right place at the right time. Calling would be my choice if I wanted another. Good luck!

• Like 4

I have run cams on water specifically watching for lions. Previous posts have hit the nail on the head. About 90% of lion pics on water came at night. Of those daytime pics of lions, at least 1/2 are within 5 to 10 minutes after a heard of deer left.

• Like 1

Anyone have any experience hunting lions over water? I've found 5 kills all within a 1/2 square or so of each other all with in the last few months. I see tracks but the kills are never very fresh and I haven't been able to glass them up yet.

I would call though out that area, just dont sit down on the ground when calling.

I would call though out that area, just dont sit down on the ground when calling.
He gonna climb a tree?
  • Like 1