GreyGhost85

New SFW Tag Grab Initiative

I was actually surprised to see, this morning on another Avenue of social media a very well-respected local Outdoorsman said that he was actually for this program. I have yet to research it so I can't give my own opinion on it but with all the backlash I have read about I was surprised to see his stance on it.

so they cant use the money from the $10 app fee increase or whatever we had a few years ago for this?

No it would be the biggest lawsuit ever filed

so they cant use the money from the $10 app fee increase or whatever we had a few years ago for this?

so no money from app fees, tag fees, auction tags, raffle tags, fines?

so no money from app fees, tag fees, auction tags, raffle tags, fines?

One more time...

By STATE LAW, any funds AGFD directly collects cannot be spent on anything political in nature -- whether it is for TV, radio or newspaper ads or "educating the public" about the evils of HSUS. As a state agency, it cannot publically offer pro or con opinions on political issues. This prohibition goes for every other state agency as well. The money G&F collects, which is devoid of any state general funds, can be used only as outlined in Title 17. Those mandates basically outline the tasks of managing wildlife, habitat, hunters, fishermen, trappers and NON-GAME critters.

• Like 1

I talked to Dave again and he explained in further detail that basically any money from any tag or fee from azgfd cant be used to fight political fights even if it's against themselves. Dumb but apparently that's the law and the state would get sued. Also all the money from big game super raffle is all allocated to wildlife habitat projects as of right now. Don't know why they couldnt change that though.

He said as of right now they're talking about possibly removing one of the auction tags and turning it into a unit specific auction tag that only can be hunted during a particular season and that money would be able to be given to this new fund. He also said they would auction off 1 lower quality October coues and other lower quality tags and that money would be given to this new fund. Claimed there would never be any new state wide auction tags or any extra high quality hunts auctioned off.

Then regarding the raffe of tags they would definitely have some sort of limit on number of tags. Possibly as low as 1 tickets per person for each drawing. He said none of the tags will be taken out of the regular hunt tag pools.

Just passing on the info and I'm sure Jay will have more answers after the meeting but I'll have to wait til final drafts to believe what they're gonna try and do.

how have we functioned all this time without these funds

Are you being intentionally dense or playing your usual games?

Reread what I wrote -- slowly if that what it takes for you to understand it correctly.

I talked to Dave again and he explained in further detail that basically any money from any tag or fee from azgfd cant be used to fight political fights even if it's against themselves. Dumb but apparently that's the law and the state would get sued. Also all the money from big game super raffle is all allocated to wildlife habitat projects as of right now. Don't know why they couldnt change that though.

He said as of right now they're talking about possibly removing one of the auction tags and turning it into a unit specific auction tag that only can be hunted during a particular season and that money would be able to be given to this new fund. He also said they would auction off 1 lower quality October coues and other lower quality tags and that money would be given to this new fund. Claimed there would never be any new state wide auction tags or any extra high quality hunts auctioned off.

Then regarding the raffe of tags they would definitely have some sort of limit on number of tags. Possibly as low as 1 tickets per person for each drawing. He said none of the tags will be taken out of the regular hunt tag pools.

Just passing on the info and I'm sure Jay will have more answers after the meeting but I'll have to wait til final drafts to believe what they're gonna try and do.

Nothing like the main village idiot getting it. Dave needed to spell it out for you.

They WILL auction off extra high quality tags. How much money would a regular ( non rut elk, south of the ditch deer, etc) tag bring in at auction? not much. How much money would raffles bring in if people could only buy one ticket? not much. He said in the meeting that tags WOULD HAVE TO come out of the already allotted tags for specific hunts, because other wise it would throw off the G&F's management objectives.

Here's a thought, what if "X" donation amount to the fund gave people an extra bonus point, with a max of 1? possibly an option to buy another after 5 years or so, or when they get drawn? seems like there are definitely other ways to raise money, without getting into lawsuits with the G&F not being able to spend money on politics and all. what about throwing the 100-150 tags they speak of in a totally separate drawing with those funds going towards "education". I'm not nearly as opposed to their agenda if no tags are auctioned. even if they are all raffled with let's say a cap of 10 tickets per person. I'm all about paying extra money or donating to the fight, but i am 100% against more auction tags than we already have, and i do agree with the auction tag structure as it stands.

• Like 2

Also all the money from big game super raffle is all allocated to wildlife habitat projects as of right now. Don't know why they couldnt change that though.

That is also enshrined in Title 17 and would take the legislature to change it. BUT... it would have to allocate proceeds to some other organization because G&F would still NOT BE ABLE TO GET INVOLVED IN POLITICAL ISSUES.

• Like 1

Also all the money from big game super raffle is all allocated to wildlife habitat projects as of right now. Don't know why they couldnt change that though.

That is also enshrined in Title 17 and would take the legislature to change it. BUT... it would have to allocate proceeds to some other organization because G&F would still NOT BE ABLE TO GET INVOLVED IN POLITICAL ISSUES.

How are the tags the are speaking of different than current super raffle and auction tags? Not stirring the pot, i honestly wouldn't know

How are the tags the are speaking of different than current super raffle and auction tags? Not stirring the pot, i honestly wouldn't know

Likely because it will take NEW legislation to approve them and direct the proceeds to the other organization. In any case, G&F has to be removed from both the money collection aspect and isolated from any political actions that relate to the fund use. BUT...the legislature will also have to outline what actions the organization can spend the dollars, especially when it comes to paying "administers" and such.