Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Lets talk battery operated led lanterns

Mine uses D batteries and sucks. I have the old school gas ones but use the battery one for alot of other chit. Is there a good one that uses AA batteries that last a while. Tell us about yours

I bought one made by ge. From Wal-Mart I think I paid $20 for it but I find myself using it more and more vs the ol coleman. I like having the battery op but definitely not getting rid of the coleman

Depends on your desired use. I have several of the luminaid lights and they are outstanding for tent or close quarter use.

I also have several of those cneap chinese pop up led lanterns and they have been really good.

I use a 20v DeWalt lantern and charge the battery on an inverter in my truck during the day. Super bright lasts all night and not always buying batteries.

I just ordered one, you are a bad influence 😊
  • Like 1

only one Devon? I just ordered 3 more. Im donating them to the youth turkey camp. Great prizes for the kids. They run for 7 or 8 hours and recharge while you are gone during the day. Light, and store flat. winner winner chicken dinner!

I bought the cheap Chinese LED pop-ups a few years ago off EBAY. They are bright, lightweight, waterproof and work great. Couple of AA batteries and good to go. I will definitely have one in my pack for elk this year.

How long does it hold a charge if you don't use it right away?

I have had one in a pack for a month and took it out and it worked just fine. 7 hours in the sun gives you 12 hours of light. When I backpack in I try to remember to put it on the outside of my pack then when I set up camp I leave it out so It charges during the day. Are there brighter lanterns, yes. But lighter, more compact and doesn't need xtra batteries, its tough to beat.

• Like 1