Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

Lady Luck on the Kiabab, bull down 2018

My wife drew the first season bull tag on the Kiabab this year. She is going to have a lot of haters on how fast her hunt happened. We showed up on Saturday with her plans to do 6 day stents with school and family obligations. We met with Russ Jacoby and Chad Woodruff and came up with a plan to drop a blind off and then run around learning the road system. What to drive and what not to drive. As we were driving we stopped to look at some sign and found fresh bull tracks. We all decided to grab the rifle instead of the bow and trail them up and see what we could turn up, an hour later we found ourselves under 200 yards from three bedded bulls. We crawled down the ridge to 80 yards and got her set up, after 20 minutes of trying to confirm bull, and which was the biggest my wife was ready to shoot. She was shooting a 28 nosler and made the perfect shot on the bull bedded with Russs guidance on placement. With the trees and the way he was bedded made it difficult to see where to hold but with Russs knowledge of them it was spot on. Her bull ran 50 yards and expired with a double lung shot right over the heart. Cant thank Russ and Chad enough for their knowledge and help on the Kiabab. I strongly urge any one with a tag to do their homework but work with them at least so everyone has a great chance at filling an awesome tag. One other Bull was killed yesterday as well. So greatfull to be able to capture it on film and be able to be there with my wife and father in law, and the friend ships made along with memories was amazing. Good luck to the rest of the tag holders! Check out some pictures and stay tuned for the video!

Michael Chan with Heritage Media Network was there with his camera and took a couple great pictures for my wife. Check them out!

post-2999-0-60191200-1523970909_thumb.jpeg

post-2999-0-72323900-1523971019_thumb.jpeg

post-2999-0-71810200-1523971113_thumb.jpeg

post-2999-0-74243900-1523971313_thumb.jpeg

• Like 25

That's awesome congrats on your once in a life time tag

195 berger, I dont know what you by implementing new stuff? While we were there hunters were in blinds and some were looking in pockets where hulls had been spotted. We were in communication with everyone we knew of up there.

There was supposed to be some changes going on up there to help get more of the herd off the park. Thought maybe some of that may have started by now

• Like 1

Great job. Waiting for the video. That backstrap is as big as your wife.