Sign in to follow this  
mbiewer

Fire restrictions start 4-18-2018

The Tonto restrictions start tomorrow, but the Prescott ones start Friday. Just passing the info along for all the gobbler getters out there, and families looking to escape into the forest.

I know that will change up how many extras were going to come up to "help" on our turkey hunt. Should be a peaceful weekend now. ha ha

https//:firerestrictions.us/az/

(couldn't get the hyperlink to copy and paste, so for the actual info, might need to copy it into your browser, or search az fire restrictions)

Saw some camps in 16 in new mexico with roaring fires this past weekend while Turkey hunting.... during red flag conditions and 30 mph winds. Gotta love selfish stupidity.

im fine with closing the forest, but can it be AFTER my turkey tag. I will even forego any source of heat. I can drink beer huddled around the led at night just fine.

Already willing to give up the fire pit, for the propane fire ring. But let me try to chase my gobbler and then put the lock across it

Camping without a campfire isn't quite the same, but is of course mandatory during times like these, IMO. Also a big YES vote from me for closing the forest as/when deemed necessary as well.

Several years ago while on our annual dads-kids camping trip in Utah, there were fire restrictions. Initially we were all kind of taken aback by it, and were thinking how lame it would be without a campfire. We ended-up putting a Coleman lantern in the campfire ring each night though, and still did our normal guitars, jokes, games as usual. Roasted marshmallows on the gas stove next to the 'fire'. Was a great time! ;)

Pray for rain!!!

S.

• Like 5