Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Plantar fasciitis

If it is chronic like mine was instead of cortisone injections think about PRP. Works great for many connective tissue issues including rotator cuff tears and PF. It can actually cause the body to repair the damage in many cases.

Ice and excessive masturbation worked for me.....

All these years on the mountain together and now this comes up. Gee thanks dave

• Like 2

I went to a podiatrist who recommended all of the above solutions... when they didn't work, the doc molded my foot and ordered me custom orthotic inserts for my hiking boots... problem solved. My insurance paid for most of it, I think I was $75 out of pocket for the inserts.

I easily put 1200 miles a year on my boots and for last 4 years, I've been pain free

This solved it for me as well. Before the custom orthotic stretching helped a lot but never seemed to fully solve the issue. The orthotic also had the added benefit of helping with lower back problems as well.

• Like 1

If it is chronic like mine was instead of cortisone injections think about PRP. Works great for many connective tissue issues including rotator cuff tears and PF. It can actually cause the body to repair the damage in many cases.

What is PRP?

What is PRP?

Found it pretty easy using GOOGLE.

https://www.podiatrytoday.com/point-counterpoint-prp-beneficial-chronic-plantar-fasciitis

So far after 20+ years of it gnarly custom orthotics have helped the most by far. You would be suprised how much of the problem comes from over tight calf muscles. They were gonna lengthen my achilles tendon this last surgery but i opted to stick with orthotics. L.O.L. i have therapy on calf muscles, feet, and dry needling and it helps. Try some dry needling in heel. 😬 it freakin hurts!!!

Btw for a guy with a connective tissue disease you would think i would have heard of PRP. Im gonna be researching this for sure! Sounds better than all the treatments that i go thru weekly and all the surgeries.

Interesting! Thanks

Btw for a guy with a connective tissue disease you would think i would have heard of PRP. Im gonna be researching this for sure! Sounds better than all the treatments that i go thru weekly and all the surgeries.

Interesting! Thanks

I had lost much of the use of my left arm due to two massive irreparable tears in my rotator cuff. I started having problems with my good shoulder and researched non surgical options. I opted for PRP in both my shoulder and the foot with PF. Both were completely healed with one injection. There are variants where bone marrow, stem cells, A2M, PRP combinations are used depending on the issue. It is worth looking into

• Like 1

Definitely check into PRP. Have successfully healed both Tennis Elbow issues after going thru all the other options and also repaired a torn ligament in my calf. Works great and is worth the money!

For what it's worth- hill work. Hiking up and down small mountains.

In 4 months, climbing South Mountain cured me permanently.

Get one of these to work the foot. Roll it around on the floor while putting as much pressure on it as you can handle. Probably the best thing I did for my planter fasciitus a few years ago. Hurts like heck, but feels great after. You can find them locally at REI and probably a lot of foot stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Due-North-Massage-Plantar-Fasciitus/dp/B002QEY6NK

• Like 1

Get one of these to work the foot. Roll it around on the floor while putting as much pressure on it as you can handle. Probably the best thing I did for my planter fasciitus a few years ago. Hurts like heck, but feels great after. You can find them locally at REI and probably a lot of foot stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Due-North-Massage-Plantar-Fasciitus/dp/B002QEY6NK

THIS!!! +1

I ordered a couple off of Amazon (one for home and one for under my desk at work...). Easier than a golf ball because it doesn't tend to slip-out from under as much. Anyway, I'm using it. Already seems to be making a difference. Plus got some 'Sof Sole' inserts from REI for my boots & shoes. I can already tell it is starting to improve a bit. Have cut back my hiking a little as well, but still getting a few miles in 3-4 days a week. Still feels like it might be a long road to get back to normal, but seems relief is in sight!

BIG THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!

Hike on!!! ;)

S.

• Like 2

Interesting! Thanks

I had lost much of the use of my left arm due to two massive irreparable tears in my rotator cuff. I started having problems with my good shoulder and researched non surgical options. I opted for PRP in both my shoulder and the foot with PF. Both were completely healed with one injection. There are variants where bone marrow, stem cells, A2M, PRP combinations are used depending on the issue. It is worth looking into

Since it seems my achilles surgery completely failed and is coming back even worse i am going to beg the VA to try this/send me out for treatment. Thank you all for the info i have read.

Sorry not trying to steal this from the op. But my achilles reconstruction that I had done in the beginning of the year looks like it's failed I'm really looking into this PRP. I sent a message to a couple of you guys that mentioned PRP on here if you could tell me where you had this procedure done. The surgery I had to fix my achilles seems to be eracing itself quicker than the problem manifested in the first place. The Va is onboard with me trying this since nobody is sure what the heck is wrong with me. Thanks