Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Need a little advice for dads turkey hunt in the BaB. Unit 12

Like the topic says my old man is probably doing his last turkey hunt and drew Kaibab unit 12. I've seen a bunch in the archery deer hunt but he's says there not in that area during the hunt or the deer, so any help would be greatly appreciated from a fellow member. Hopefully the help I have given will come full circle for the old timer. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I've had several conversations with the AGFD turkey biologist for that area and the turkey population has exploded this year. A couple of guys on our NWTF committee here in Flag work for him and have confirmed that. Turkey numbers are the highest they've been in years. I can't give you the spots I know best because I've already given those to close friends, but you really shouldn't have any problem finding turkeys this spring. Good luck!

I wish I could help, but unfortunately I don't know the area. Hopefully someone will help.

Shrek hunted where he sees them during deer and got one opening day. With little snow this year the birds will probably be higher than normal in my opinion, but that is not saying much.

Saw a lot on the early rifle mule deer hunt around the 282rd on the west side also in the past the area around the 610 rd bordering the park as well which would be on the east side. Good luck guys!

Guy I worked with wanted to get into hunting so he picked up a left over tag a few years back for that area. I told him everything I knew about turkey hunting and wished him luck. Well him and a friend of his went up and took their first big game animals ever the first day! I explained that his results are not typical and he got lucky so on and so on.. well to this day he hasnt killed a thing lol. Good luck to your dad and you, Ive never hunted there, only google mapped it a lot.

Any luck on your Dad’s hunt? I was up there this weekend and didn’t hear a gobble. Saw the south end of a north bound hen Saturday morning and that was all I saw in 3 days.