Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Keto Update

F that. My suegro brings up real coke from Mexico when he comes to visit. If Im gonna splurge its gonna be worth it.

The home depot in SV has the coke from mexico. The drinkable kind

Six years ago I went on a very strict calorie counting diet! No excercise just watching very closely what I was eating and I lost 15lbs.

Did real good for about a year after I reached my goal weight and then got sloppy and let myself get back to where I was before plus 10lbs.

For a while I was content and then one day I went to put an old pair of pants on and couldn't even get close to connecting the buttons.

So I swore I was gonna get back down to 140lbs. but I was stuggling with calorie counting again and just wanted to try something different!

Middle of January I started drinking Keto drinks except I did half the dose recommended per day and I started paying attention to carbs......with a cheater night on Sunday nights.

My motivation really was that I was spending way too much money on the Koolaide to let it fail so I also started playing basketball again for some exercise.

What a difference it has made.......30 lbs gone....

I only tell the story because sometimes the motivation is different for each of us at different times in our lives, I used to do Insanity workout but that is way too rigid for my bones!!!

Now to do a better job of maintaining........I have quit drinking the Koolaide and just slow and steady keeping an eye on the needle!

Well done!

Do what works for you! If you like it keep with it. Going strict and hard will get fastest results. I lost 30lbs, but in 2 months you hit a wall hard!!!!!!. So I Started to bulk (lifting in calorie surplus) and put on 5lbs of muscle and 2 pounds of fat. Started my cut again 4 weeks ago on a enjoyable diet (nice and easy, no wall hitting) Im about 250-350 calorie deficit, and weight lift M,W,F and light carido Tues, and Thurs. Im eating 2500 cal a day and I just focus on a 80/20 rule. I eat healthy 80% of the time and always have cheat food everyday (just not in large amounts). So far Ive lost 5lbs in 4 weeks (slow and steady) and never hungry, and eat snacks that I want. I just focus on about 150-200 grams of protein and let the carbs/fat fall into place. Once I hit 2500 calories I just stop. But I always leave about 300-400 calories at night to snack on so I never feel hungry going to bed. Oh a big thing is just don't drink your calories. I love Mt Dew but Diet Mt Dew sucks, so I have Cherry Coke Zero, and Sparkling Ice water. Every morning drink about 16oz first thing of water and try to drink as much water as possible. Keep at it and once you start feeling like you want to quit and you need more food, just bump up your calories 250 for about 2 weeks and then go back to doing what you were doing before.

Do what works for you! If you like it keep with it. Going strict and hard will get fastest results. I lost 30lbs, but in 2 months you hit a wall hard!!!!!!. So I Started to bulk (lifting in calorie surplus) and put on 5lbs of muscle and 2 pounds of fat. Started my cut again 4 weeks ago on a enjoyable diet (nice and easy, no wall hitting) Im about 250-350 calorie deficit, and weight lift M,W,F and light carido Tues, and Thurs. Im eating 2500 cal a day and I just focus on a 80/20 rule. I eat healthy 80% of the time and always have cheat food everyday (just not in large amounts). So far Ive lost 5lbs in 4 weeks (slow and steady) and never hungry, and eat snacks that I want. I just focus on about 150-200 grams of protein and let the carbs/fat fall into place. Once I hit 2500 calories I just stop. But I always leave about 300-400 calories at night to snack on so I never feel hungry going to bed. Oh a big thing is just don't drink your calories. I love Mt Dew but Diet Mt Dew sucks, so I have Cherry Coke Zero, and Sparkling Ice water. Every morning drink about 16oz first thing of water and try to drink as much water as possible. Keep at it and once you start feeling like you want to quit and you need more food, just bump up your calories 250 for about 2 weeks and then go back to doing what you were doing before.

Awesome. What is your height and weight. Do you know your bf%?

Awesome. What is your height and weight. Do you know your bf%?

5-11' and as of right now for my last seven day average of weight is 182lbs. When I was 190ish I was about 18-20% body fat. (When I started 210lbs 30% body fat in Oct 2017) Im probably 16-18 right now. Still got some fluff around the waist but I can wear a Med size shirt now and not have a gut. Top 2 abs are starting to show! You are in the 10-14% when you can see all your abs not awesome but you can see them.

With my typical work outs My TDEE is 2800 calories just to maintain weight. So I usually just hit 2500 calories.

Wow must be crazy workouts. Im 6'3" 229lbs. Doing Jeff Cavalier workout now. Im eating 1900 or so and cant seem to break the 15% mark. Maybe I'll change it up

Wow must be crazy workouts. Im 6'3" 229lbs. Doing Jeff Cavalier workout now. Im eating 1900 or so and cant seem to break the 15% mark. Maybe I'll change it up

Holy Crap!! How long have you been at 1900? Your TDEE ( Total Daily Exercise Expenditure) with moderate exercise 3-5 days just to maintain is 3500 calories

Even Jeff has a video Ive seen about being to low and how you will hit a wall. Is the calories his plan? Did you start at 3000? Then work your way down. If you went strait to 1900 you will be losing weight like crazy fast and then hit a stalling point. You could be there. Maybe go back up to 2500 for a few weeks and add some brisk walking for 45 min a day and work on your calorie drop from there. Lots of studies have been done when you hit walls your body needs a change before it can progress on what you are trying to achieve. The easiest is the long slow steady weight lost which your body can adapt (which most people do not want to do) Doing it to fast has a down side. Most people get off and the body doesn't have enough weeks to adapt and wants to go back to what it was. So when people get off a diet and go back to their old habits within 2-6 months they gain it back.

• Like 1

You sure you're adding up the food right

• Like 1

Pretty standard weekday for me. On the weekend I will have a steak in there but this is where I'm at. 1 egg 2 white daves killer thin bread 1 slice. Can of tuna. One stop low carb meal. Can of tuna. Protein shake with water. Chicken breast with 1 cup of rice. Protein shake. This has been brought down over about 8 months.

• Like 1

Okay I just checked my bf% it has been a while. I am at 12.9%. I still dont have abs so I figured I was higher. Ill keep at it until I'm around 10.

Pretty standard weekday for me. On the weekend I will have a steak in there but this is where I'm at. 1 egg 2 white daves killer thin bread 1 slice. Can of tuna. One stop low carb meal. Can of tuna. Protein shake with water. Chicken breast with 1 cup of rice. Protein shake. This has been brought down over about 8 months.

and that adds up to 1900? But who was fiber, do you even poop bro? 3 shakes a day. How have you not suicided yourself yet. Just keep eating like that you'll be shredded eventually, That's like a peak week diet for a contest

• Like 1

and that adds up to 1900? But who was fiber, do you even poop bro? 3 shakes a day. How have you not suicided yourself yet. Just keep eating like that you'll be shredded eventually, That's like a peak week diet for a contest

Lol