Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

KT Tape for hunting?

Do we need to start using KT Tape for hunting? Will it make us better? They make it for all other stuff, just missing hunting now.

If you twist a knee or ankle it helps. I use it like a girdle so I am thinner than the trees I hide by.

I haven't started using KT tape, but am definitely a fan of wrapping my hot spots with leukotape. I am prone to blisters on a few spots (primarily my toes). Leukotape has been a game changer. I wrap my toes and spots on my feet the evening before a hunt and it would stay on for weeks if you don't take it off.

It does work to prevent blisters, not sure about any other use. I've been using it for a couple of years on hunting trips, general hiking and also two backpacking trips into Grand Canyon. Pre tape heels and hot spots and you're good for days.

• Like 1

leukotape is good and something to carry for sure. But Gorilla or Duck tape works too. I have been more worried about blisters than twist, I think going forward I may put a wrap or 2 in the kit for camp if needed to wrap a knee or something.

a little bottle of Liquid Bandage works great for feet, hit hot spots with it, let it dry and you have a barrier from the rub and don't get a blister

• Like 1

What? Nobody is man enough to wear knee high nylons to prevent blisters?

What? Nobody is man enough to wear knee high nylons to prevent blisters?

Only on ladies night.

Seriously if you've ever really worn KT for any real injury you will swear by it. I run and train for marathons and it works. From plantar fasciitis to hip flexors and IT bands it actually works...not snake oil... Don't try that but do try tiger balm it really does work just trying to help