Sign in to follow this  
Viper

My Outdoor TV - anyone subscribed to this?

What are your opinions and experience with this? I am going to drop Direct TV. I am doing the free trial with Youtube TV now. I will need a way to watch some hunting shows and wondering if My Outdoor TV is worth the $10 per month. I am mainly interested in Western Hunter, Eastmans, Meateater, Jim Shotky and some shooting shows. Thanks for your input/advice.

I dropped Dish Network last summer and went with YouTube TV. I've been REALLY happy with it. They keep adding channels almost monthly and pretty much already have (other than hunting channels) every channel we ever watch. With unlimited cloud DVR and the ability to take your shows wherever you go, you really can't beat it for $35 a month. Took a bit to getting used to casting from my phone or laptop. But I would never back.
For outdoor shows, you can get a lot of great stuff on YouTube these days. Subscribe to The Mountain Project. They are putting out lot of great stuff.

Here are the channels I currently get live on YouTube TV:

post-6408-0-25555100-1525273719_thumb.png

• Like 2

As long as I can watch Shark Tank I'm good:)

Youtube TV looks great. It is $40 a month now.

FYI, I have a friend who has been hesitant to try these streaming services for fear that his internet might not be fast enough. I have Cox's cheapest, slowest plan. So cheap they don't advertise or tell you about it unless you ask. If you do ask about it, they will tell you it might not give you what you need for streaming, gaming, etc. I have had it for 9 months and have never once had an issue with streaming videos on YouTube TV, Netflix, etc. My kids have not had issues with their video games. Often, we are running multiple things at once, and it has been more than we have ever needed for anything. They are in the business of selling you the most expensive package they can regardless of what your needs actually are.

FYI, I have a friend who has been hesitant to try these streaming services for fear that his internet might not be fast enough. I have Cox's cheapest, slowest plan. So cheap they don't advertise or tell you about it unless you ask. If you do ask about it, they will tell you it might not give you what you need for streaming, gaming, etc. I have had it for 9 months and have never once had an issue with streaming videos on YouTube TV, Netflix, etc. My kids have not had issues with their video games. Often, we are running multiple things at once, and it has been more than we have ever needed for anything. They are in the business of selling you the most expensive package they can regardless of what your needs actually are.

Our Cox bill is crazy high because we have their fast internet and every movie channel I can cut it in half by just cutting the cable / movie channels and only having the internet. I've never even heard of Youtube tv until now. This is what the future of cable TV is going to be moving forward.. I have a 16 year old son and he only streams TV shows and movies doesnt ever watch movies from Cox. My younger son is the same way too just watches youtube all day. I need to get on this.

I dont have outdoor tv cuz my tv wont pick it up. I didn't want to buy a roku just for that. We dropped direct vt a year ago and haven't missed a thing. I have a digital antenna for local, Amazon and Netflix. More than enough to watch.

Youtube favorites:

The Mountain Project

Hushin

Randy Newberg

Solo Hunters

Born and Raised Outdoors

Epic Outdoors

Kuiu

On the History Channel:

Alone

Theres like 1000 episodes right there for you, all free.

I got rid of Direct TV 6-8 years ago. I will never go back, streaming is the new cable.

I have 40 megs for internet speed. Never once had a loading screen. Everything is in HD.

• Like 1

I also just stream. I have a ROKU TV and watch a lot of channels on the internet. Bowhunt or Die, Youtube, Carbon TV, Netflix and Amazon. They screw us, different geographic area, because if you go over a terabyte streaming they charge you bent over so we have to pay for unlimited data and the highest streaming rate they have. But we have 4 smart phones, 2 tv's, and 4 computers and they can all be running at once and no problem streaming. The thing I like about streaming is I can stop, replay, start or search for what I want to watch. There are also quite a few songs I just like one or two songs of a group so don't want to buy a whole album but can watch or listen to them anytime I want.

Youtube favorites:

The Mountain Project

Hushin

Randy Newberg

Solo Hunters

Born and Raised Outdoors

Epic Outdoors

Kuiu

I watch the same ones. Dud check out

Deer meat for dinner.

On the History Channel:

Alone

Theres like 1000 episodes right there for you, all free.

I got rid of Direct TV 6-8 years ago. I will never go back, streaming is the new cable.

I have 40 megs for internet speed. Never once had a loading screen. Everything is in HD.

I have COX and pay $207 a month without HBO or Cinemax and that includes internet which is slow, in fact if I try to open up weatherunderground it can take 30 seconds or more and sometimes won't entirely load the complete site. It's expensive and I mostly watch about 10 channels including the Outdoor Channel.

I've been playing with the Youtube TV free trial all week. I really like it. Watching the D-backs and recording a couple network shows on the unlimited DVR. I'll be dropping Direct TV.

I have COX and pay $207 a month without HBO or Cinemax and that includes internet which is slow, in fact if I try to open up weatherunderground it can take 30 seconds or more and sometimes won't entirely load the complete site. It's expensive and I mostly watch about 10 channels including the Outdoor Channel.

I'm 300.00 and thats with the movie channels and their faster internet. Cable TV is slowly dying... I streamed Youtube Red last night and watched the Karate Kid reboot " Cobra Kai " .. Its actually pretty good The guys in their 30's - 40's would probably like it.

• Like 1