Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Don Martin

Your feeling on the proposed trail camera restriction (ban)

Trail Cameras - BAN THEM

Sniper rifles - BAN THEM

Fish Finders - BAN THEM

Quads - BAN THEM

SxS - BAN THEM

Modern Muzzleloaders - BAN THEM

Now we're back to fair chase hunting.

You forgot the biggest one, paid guides.

I hired a guide once about 20 years ago. My biggest takeaway was understanding how hard you have to work to see lots of quality animals.

In the guide scenario the guide is the hunter and the client is are just the shooter....big difference.

7-24-365 surveilance is the issue. Multiple trail cams at many water sources is another. AZGF will have a tough time enforcing this ban. Probably should have started a fee/permit system for cams. Fund education with the proceeds.

I can see the issue with live feed cameras, But myself I Enjoy Checking cameras and enjoy having another excuse to get out into the woods. I also run a Hunting page/Group by myself. 90% of my content comes from trail camera pictures. If there banned I guess ill have to find a new hobby. I think its sad that a few bad apples seem to ruin it for everyone else. Every year I find tree stands, cameras , other peoples areas, I just leave there stuff alone and go on about my business. Seems pretty simple but some people will never get it.

• Like 2

The Capt. asked for opinions and he got some. Apparently some think that stealing should be okay if you dont get caught and you dont hurt someone. Most opinions are very self centered.

My personal opinion is if it's not yours leave it alone. I always try to leave things as I found them. If it's on someone's land that's different. Some people like messing with everyones stiff and think they own the woods.

I can see the issue with live feed cameras, But myself I Enjoy Checking cameras and enjoy having another excuse to get out into the woods. I also run a Hunting page/Group by myself. 90% of my content comes from trail camera pictures. If there banned I guess ill have to find a new hobby. I think its sad that a few bad apples seem to ruin it for everyone else. Every year I find tree stands, cameras , other peoples areas, I just leave there stuff alone and go on about my business. Seems pretty simple but some people will never get it.

As of now, there is no ban of ALL cameras on the agenda. The rule will ban only the live-feed type and the use of all types within 1/4-mile of a MAN-MADE water source, i.e. stock tanks, drinkers. etc.

• Like 2

Hey that looks like my mule training method , almost trail ready that one.

I spit coffee on my phone.

Was anybody watching the commission today? I missed item # 15 methods of take.

Ive been working on my truck with the meeting playing in the background so Ive missed a bunch. Have they gone over trail cameras and the tag grab yet?