Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Long hot summer

Early May, and supposed to hit 103 in Tucson today. Probably hotter for you Phoenix residents.

Long range weather predictions, said it may be the, longest, and hottest, summer on record.

UGH!

Sure be nice to get some rain. as much as I dislike dealing with the monsoon weather, it's much needed.

• Like 4

I was thinking Today ,gonna be lottsa Bear and Lions lurking in the suburbs around the State.....................BOB!

• Like 2

I have lived in west central AZ my whole life. I freakin hate this time of year. We run 7-10 degrees hotter than Phoenix. 120 is not uncommon at all. 2 more years of farming and I am praying to God I can relocate to a part of the state that has 4 seasons instead of 2 with winter lasting only a week.

• Like 2

Pretty weak winter this season. June was brutal last year, and I'm dreading next month.

For some reason the monsoon's fizzled out by early August last year.

If I wasn't a financial prisoner here, I would head back to Montana, where June is an awesome month. Unlike the desert.

They called it summer back then. I should type my sarcasm so even a school teacher can understand it I guess. :P

• Like 2

They called it summer back then. I should type my sarcasm so even a school teacher can understand it I guess. :P

Oh I got it......I was just being sarcastic along with you.....I remember hoeing cotton in southern New Mexico.....in the 70's of course....dad dropped us off with a flatbastard, a gallon of ice water and told us he'd be back at noon to pick us up! Freckle faced red headed......it was hot then but it wasn't AZ Phoenix hot!!!

I was laying conduit in wittman when it was 122 that record setting year.

That is torture.........it is funny talking about record setting years.....when I tell my boys the snow of 67 they all look at me like I'm crazy.......and then they hear other old timers mention it and it is like.....dad isn't as crazy as we thought!!

• Like 1

I went and played Golf the next day when it was 121, so we could say we played in it. Only lasted 9 holes even with the beer!.......BOB!

It is a love hate relationship for me. Personally I hate it, professionally I love it. I sell air conditioners so hot is good for my wallet.

• Like 1

Wonder if that is why they call it the desert. If you are not a desert rat then go back where you came from. It is not global warming it is overpopulation.

Wonder if that is why they call it the desert. If you are not a desert rat then go back where you came from. It is not global warming it is overpopulation.

We have your permission to leave the desert?

Wheeeew...and here I was lying awake at night, wondering how you felt about it...I feel better now.

• Like 1