Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Long hot summer

I put a sprinkler system in my front yard that dat it was 122. I dug it by hand with a pick and shovel. Had no idea it was that hot till I was watching the news that night. Ahhh youth....

• Like 1

I shut the jobsite down at 11 and sent everyone home after seeing blown radiator hoses and tires all over the day before. This was back in 89.

• Like 1

Wonder if that is why they call it the desert. If you are not a desert rat then go back where you came from. It is not global warming it is overpopulation.

How many square miles covered with ashpalt......for sure contributes to the temps......plus take away all the farm land that had cotton, corn......etc......wonder what people are gonna say when there isn't any water :blink:

• Like 1

I still dont understand how dopey jerks come to this state when its 120 degrees and decide that its a good idea to go hiking. Then later that evening you see them on the news being flown off a hiking trail by paramedics..

• Like 2

I still dont understand how dopey jerks come to this state when its 120 degrees and decide that its a good idea to go hiking. Then later that evening you see them on the news being flown off a hiking trail by paramedics..

The type of people that bring 1 bottle of water on a half day hike.

• Like 3

I had gone for a hike to the camera (which is now deceased) and my Geiggerig bag had leaked out and I didn't know it. Through the mouthpiece.

I was pretty miserable when I got back to the truck. When I contacted their customer service dept, they wanted a pic of the 'damage'. I sent them this and a pic of the nozzle. Got a new bag.

post-12305-0-98102900-1525799839_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Really putting the pressure on the AES water haulers now we have stage 2 fire restrictions to deal with as well. No pumps after 9am so we have to get into the drinkers by 7am or 8 at the very latest. Hope to get some water in all the GMU 5B,7 and 8. Other organizations and G&F hauling around the state as well.

• Like 4

This white boy melts at temps over 100. One of the wonderful side effects of having Thyroid disease, is low tolerance of temperature extremes.

Really putting the pressure on the AES water haulers now we have stage 2 fire restrictions to deal with as well. No pumps after 9am so we have to get into the drinkers by 7am or 8 at the very latest. Hope to get some water in all the GMU 5B,7 and 8. Other organizations and G&F hauling around the state as well.

What is your pump setup? How far are you pumping?

What is your pump setup? How far are you pumping?

Gas powered 5 hp trash pumps no internal combustion motors longest push is about 150 feet with 10 foot lift. Restrictions are from 9am to 8 pm so if we need to pump, because we can't gravity feed a drinker storage tank, it's early morning hauls. All volunteer and 2 to 3 hour drives. Trailers are 500 (2), 800 (1)and 1,000 (1) gallon when they are all up and running. Been looking into running electric pumps off inverters if it comes down to that, we could run some smaller sump pumps. All of this is worst case scenario before full forest closure if it comes to that.

Gas powered 5 hp trash pumps no internal combustion motors longest push is about 150 feet with 10 foot lift. Restrictions are from 9am to 8 pm so if we need to pump, because we can't gravity feed a drinker storage tank, it's early morning hauls. All volunteer and 2 to 3 hour drives. Trailers are 500 (2), 800 (1)and 1,000 (1) gallon when they are all up and running. Been looking into running electric pumps off inverters if it comes down to that, we could run some smaller sump pumps. All of this is worst case scenario before full forest closure if it comes to that.

I'm curious, if it's all volunteers doing the hauling, where does the $1,000,000.00+ cost for hauling water I keep hearing about come from?

Good question, some expenses I'd assume include: equipment, maintenance, fuel, insurance, administration fees, water cost

Would be interesting to understand it more specifically.

I'm curious, if it's all volunteers doing the hauling, where does the $1,000,000.00+ cost for hauling water I keep hearing about come from?

Haven't heard about a $1,000,000. cost for hauling water. Our little 3 man crew has moved 49,900 gallons of water over 3,100 miles of not so friendly N AZ backcountry and we have only been in 5B north and 7E. Others in 7W and 9 have probably hauled a lot more.

• Like 1

I had to dig this one up because.....I'm wondering who to blame for the damage in Hawaii due to volcanic activity???

I mean those people are losing houses they built on top of a..............volcano right???

My dad's home in Alpine will burn to the ground because it was built.......in high density forest!!!!

People in the desert will shrivel up and die because of the heat and lack of water!!!!

My house is going to freaking blow off it's foundation if the d a m wind doesn't quit blowing in Snowflake.....