Curious on experienced opinions on Trophy T Loc and Montec by G5?

I'm shooting both right now with good flight from both but what's the scoop on Montec vs Elk? I only have minimum experience with T loc on game?

I shot a big bull with a montec probably 10 years ago. Killed him but was not at all pleased with the performance. I dont feel like they are sharp enough. Switched to slick tricks and have put a bunch of animals on the table without any issues

• Like 3

Ive been a fan of the Montec for years. Killed two bulls and quite a few other critters with them. Even had great pass through on the last bull I shot. As long as I do my part and place the arrow right theyve done the trick every time.

Killed a bull with the Montec. Was not impressed. Broadside 10 ring double lung. Pass thru. Bloody bubbly arrow. Not a drop of blood to track. Only went about 150 yards. But we found him by doing a grid in the direction that I thought I heard a crash and my buddy found him about 2 hours after I shot him.

I chose them because they flew exactly like my field tips. But went back to muzzy and focused on tuning my bow and fletches to broadhead better. Have killed a few deer and elk with muzzy 4 blade. Every one had a great blood trail.

Killed a bull with the Montec. Was not impressed. Broadside 10 ring double lung. Pass thru. Bloody bubbly arrow. Not a drop of blood to track. Only went about 150 yards. But we found him by doing a grid in the direction that I thought I heard a crash and my buddy found him about 2 hours after I shot him.

I chose them because they flew exactly like my field tips. But went back to muzzy and focused on tuning my bow and fletches to broadhead better. Have killed a few deer and elk with muzzy 4 blade. Every one had a great blood trail.

Similar to my experience. Absolute 12 ring pass through. Watched him bed for over an hour, he got up and jumped a fence. Had to sneak in and put a couple more arrows in him. First shot was dead center double lung, but didnt bleed much and there was no hemorrhaging. His whole chest cabity was full of air and the last shot was like shooting a balloon. It was weird. A G&F biologist came by later and said she had never seen such a thing. I attributed it to a dull broadhead that pushed through, rather than cutting

I have had good luck with the shuttle T loc's. A little hard to sharpen due to the curved blade but they fly good. Shot the bull in my avatar with them and the first shot went through a rib and still made it out the other side.

Seems like it's always this story, hit perfect but no blood trail. Or it was a marginal hit and bled like crazy best broadheads ever.

Elk are tuff and nails I'm guessing any broadhead can be good or bad depending on a lot of factors.

So if I sharpen the Montec to perfection and sharpen the T loc to perfection they probably both stand about the same chance

• Like 1

Seems like it's always this story, hit perfect but no blood trail. Or it was a marginal hit and bled like crazy best broadheads ever.

Elk are tuff and nails I'm guessing any broadhead can be good or bad depending on a lot of factors.

So if I sharpen the Montec to perfection and sharpen the T loc to perfection they probably both stand about the same chance

I would say yes!

I wouldn't overlook the grim reaper Hades Pro broadhead. They are nasty sharp straight from the package. Have had great results with them. Good luck!

My advice is just make sure whatever you shoot is sharp, tough and accurate. I also feel like 400gns total arrow weight should be a minimum. Ive been on a lot of archey elk kills and there is always a lot of breath holding no matter the shot. For elk, and deer for that matter, i like a broadhead that is going to cut a big hole and cause a lot of blood loss.

I was lucky enough to get some good advise with my first arrow set up, I'm running at 485 grn on my finished arrows.

68 lbs at 30 in draw. Don't know the speed but I do know my arrows go deeper than anyone I've ever shot with.

If the shoulder keeps going I should be ok at this lbs.

The QAD exodus 125 full blade is my new favorite. Blew thru my bull, big holes, awesome blood, no need to poke him on recovery cause he flipped flat on his back after a 100 yard death run.

• Like 1

The QAD exodus 125 full blade is my new favorite. Blew thru my bull, big holes, awesome blood, no need to poke him on recovery cause he flipped flat on his back after a 100 yard death run.

I like the look of these and the theory behind them. Looks like they did a number on your bull too. After reading most people's comments about the Montecs I do have to agree they don't make much for a blood trail. I have had good luck with them but wouldn't be opposed to trying something new like these QAD's. Great bull by the way, love the character and the chase he gave you!