• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Natural

Mr. Natural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Caught this bear on a game trail recently.

42080394381_249b10832c_z.jpg

41361333054_9f011ef093_z.jpg

#2 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, fitness, gunsmithing, reloading, custom rod building, fly fishing, archery hunting, packing mules and horses.
Beauty
"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#3 218buck

218buck

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,spending time outdoors,teaching my daughter about the outdoors

Nice

#4 mattys281

mattys281

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts
  • Interests:Bowhunting, backpacking, & whatever kills time between trips.
Great pictures. Saw 4 of them this week over in the white mountains. One was a mama with two cubs. Mama and one of the cubs were jet black but the other cub was chocolate like that one. Love seeing bears!

Internet forums are a great place to discuss your method of hunting, but not such a great place to criticize someone else's.  

#5 capoeirajosh

capoeirajosh

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping, dog training, and the outdoors. Aside from that I love and practice the sport of dog frisbee. I also enjoy playing guitar.
Great looking bear!! Looks awesome coming through that box of toothpicks like hillside!

"One Hunter's Journey"

www.dialedinhunter.com

#6 Mr. Natural

Mr. Natural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

It is a really sweet spot, on a game trail just below a saddle that forms a natural funnel between two drainages.  I was pretty sure I would catch bears and Coues moving back and forth.

#7 naturebob

naturebob

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Bout 10 years ago had a great Cinn. colored one rite in front of me in unit 1 hunting Turkeys. Very excitinig.  (Spring)........BOB!

#8 lonne

lonne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Beautiful bear and beautiful picture/photography of the hillside!

#9 Mr. Natural

Mr. Natural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Beautiful bear and beautiful picture/photography of the hillside!

If I leave the camera there long enough, photos should look even better when the ferns come up.

#10 arizonaelkhunter

arizonaelkhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all aspects of outdoor activities, all aspects of supporting military personnel
Sweet pic, I have a video I took on my daughters Jr elk hunt last October that I am saving for the picture/video contest that Amanda does every year that is awesome. 4 bears, one sow and three cubs of which one was a brownee. They were 56 feet from us and jumped into a pond and swam across the thing twice.

#11 lonne

lonne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Sweet pic, I have a video I took on my daughters Jr elk hunt last October that I am saving for the picture/video contest that Amanda does every year that is awesome. 4 bears, one sow and three cubs of which one was a brownee. They were 56 feet from us and jumped into a pond and swam across the thing twice.

3 cubs?  That's a rarity... :-)

#12 arizonaelkhunter

arizonaelkhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, all aspects of outdoor activities, all aspects of supporting military personnel
Yep,the whole trip was a rarity. Watched those bears come in, then a rag horn 5X and the an hour later a 6X. Two days later my daughter shot her cow on the same tank.

#13 Vowell

Vowell

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Predator Hunting, Fly Fishing, Reloading
😍

"Courage is being scared to death..... and saddling up anyway"

“A man ought to do what he thinks is right”

John Wayne

#14 Zoltar

Zoltar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Dude that video is a winner for sure!!  Now I know who AZelkhunter is. I have seen 2 bears on that tank in the last 10 days. 

You draw any tags this year?

#15 arizonaelkhunter

arizonaelkhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hey Zoltar, hope all is well for you. I am surprised there is still water in the tank as dry as it’s been. I drew a cow tag up by Flagstaff and my Uncle and his wife drew a late Bull tag up in your neck of the woods. How bout you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users