Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

What to do ,11 points ,Res.

Ok I have 11 deer points . Chances are good I will be in Wyo. the last 2 weeks of oct. on a deer hunt. Almost gaunteed but not 100%. What do I do in AZ . My buddies all say hold out for strip. I will be 62 in Sept. I don't want to wait for ever like I did for Elk tag. AS I am healthy and very mobile and My DAD is almost 98 ,. and I hope I can go that long, and He is Healthy. But You never know I want to make the best of it right now ,. Don't want to wait 10-15 years. Is there a good Muley hunt besides north of the ditch? Biggest one Iv"e killed is 162. I want a 180 ish plus is good enough for ME . I don't mind a late Coues hunt if its Great. I know 21 ,31 and 36c. Other than that I need help. If I can find a Great Coues I would do it .. .. Like to hear from You all on what You would do.!Thanks BOB!

• Like 2

If it was me I wouldn't try to hold out for the strip your still a long ways out unless you get lucky because honestly you could be looking at 10 plus years for it now with the way things are

• Like 2

I would do 12b west muzzleloader. That being said Ive never hunted it. I see some giants come out of there and the draw odds are way better then any of the other November hunts. Im gonna guess you are atleast 18-20 years away from being in max point pool for a strip tag and 10+ for a late Kaibab tag. People always look at how many points it takes this year and how many they have but dont analyze point creep trends to realize that it goes up a point or so every year as well.

• Like 2

You are definitely in no mans land. I am in the same boat except about 4-5 years behind you. You have plenty of points to draw a lot of nice whitetail hunts, but not nearly enough for a strip tag and won't for many years from what I can see on the draw spreadsheets.

This thread is breaking my heart. How many points for the early strip and bab hunts?

This thread is breaking my heart. How many points for the early strip and bab hunts?

Theres not an early strip hunt other than 13a starts two weeks sooner than 13b. 13b takes more but both are always close to max points to be guaranteed. 2 residents have 21 and 4 have 20. 19 have 19. So yeah it's a lot

I would put in for one of the December rifle mule deer hunts south of the ditch and go and scout each December until you draw it. I'd have to look again but I think you're pretty close to drawing unit 27 December mule deer. Don't draw this year, then go and scout and find out what the deer are doing this time of year. I don't think the genetics are as good as the 12's or 13's but you have the potential to kill a good deer still and have a good, long hunt.

• Like 4

I like the late 12 A Idea.! Keep em Coming. thanks ....................

BOB!