Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

still have hope

Going on a 3.5 day in July and an 8 day on the Intrepid on August 9th. I'm sure the August trip will be fun but I'm hoping the fish show up for the July trip.

I remember when I would be fishing for the chickens in June and now we haven't seen them in a decade.

I remember an early June trip my cousin and I went on when I caught 13 albacore in one day. Kept my 10 and was done for the trip. I hooked and handed off only on day 2. It was epic! I caught fish on the troll, on bait, on iron, you name it!

The SAC spotter plane is up and searching the ocean for conditions and signs of life. The good news is a massive area of fish was located with the pilot reporting kelps and sea life throughout the area. He estimated 3,000 tons of tuna in the "box" in many, many scattered schools of up to 250 tons. The fish are 20-100 pounds in size. Several large breezers could be seen. The weather was good for spotting and he sent the following photos of the action.

The Grande crew is currently committed to fishing offshore in pursuit of yellows and Bluefin. Schools have been staging and appear ready to bite any day. We are scheduled to depart daily at 530 am.

The best part, no passport required. We have definite go trips this weekend from H&M Landing. Please call 619-222-1144 to join the fun!

34893296_10156646834118028_3256410101786

34693674_10156646834108028_8529525017988

So do you own H&M?

Liberty and San Diego both had 200 or more YT yesterday too. Sounds like a dang good day on the water.