Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Not Closing the Rim?!?!

Another big problem is that there are a ton of hispanics who love to go camping and on a weekend like this they are everywhere. Lots of them dont speak english and I highly doubt the spanish radio stations or Telemundo talk about this at all. So lots of them probably have no idea.

Racist. .
  • Like 3

my bad. it looks like the forest along the rim is open from woods canyon lake to leonard canyon except for promontory point.

apache nf and big lake are open except for an area west and south of greer to 273

lee

Where did you find the info on the area west and south of Greer to 273? ASNF website updated indicating there are area closures and maps, but the link currently goes to their "Alerts/Notices" page with no maps or info...

Its all politics. Can't close the Rim lakes on the biggest camping weekend of the year.

It was like that back in the 80's when I worked on the fire crew there, and it's the same dance today.

My prediction: big fire breaks out on Saturday afternoon.

I've been wondering about that. Holiday weekends have to be huge for economies like Payson. The impact of a closure could be bad for them, even though I believe most residents would be all for it.

Its worth it. Close it down. Or build a bypass!!!

Another big problem is that there are a ton of hispanics who love to go camping and on a weekend like this they are everywhere. Lots of them dont speak english and I highly doubt the spanish radio stations or Telemundo talk about this at all. So lots of them probably have no idea.

Racist. .

Blow me...Wife is mexican and so are kids..

• Like 3

I'm bring the fireworks and beer... feel free to swing by

you just want to save the fs some money and time. i read that they dropped over 10,000lbs of napalm(dragons eggs) on the cedar fire to finish the burnouts after it was under control. or maybe it was just 10,000 piece count of napalm dragons eggs.

https://www.sei-ind.com/products/red-dragon/

lee

Racist. .

Blow me...Wife is mexican and so are kids..

Pics of wife?

• Like 6

At least they left our lakes open to enjoy over the weekend. I figured big brother would close everything. I hope they issue 0 warnings this weekend in the open areas and give tickets like they are supposed to. Enforcement is the answer, not closing the forests entirely.

At least they left our lakes open to enjoy over the weekend. I figured big brother would close everything. I hope they issue 0 warnings this weekend in the open areas and give tickets like they are supposed to. Enforcement is the answer, not closing the forests entirely.

Wrong. What are they going to do, assign a monitor to every campsite? There are not enough LEO in the state to ensure no one does something stupid. With conditions like this, all somebody has to do is flick a cigarette in the grass.

There is no way to make sure no one does anything that could cause a fire.

Thanks Flatlander, you are correct. I am wrong. They won't enforce the no burn law. It is impossible.... Just like all other laws. We need a 1 for 1 ratio of police to citizens. Maybe we should close hunting seasons since there is clearly not enough wardens to enforce our game laws.

• Like 2