Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Steven Rinella

Ok so who is a big Rinnela fan? Who has his books and listens to his podcasts? There is something to be said for a good story teller with an affection for adventure and wild places.

• Like 2

Earlier tonight I was looking to see if he had a new season of Meat Eater on Netflix. I really like that show. They need to put all his seasons on Netflix.

I'm kind of a passive fan, I suppose. Have always enjoyed his shows when I have seen him, but have never listened to his podcast (maybe I should check it out). Seems like a pretty cool dude with his head on strait.

I'm going to his show at the Improv in a few weeks. Looking forward to that.

S.

I started listening to podcasts because of him about a year ago, and have watched his show that is available on Netflix. Great all around.

I downloaded the stitcher podcast app and listen to just a handful of shows, but I listen to his every week.

Another good podcast that people here might like is the Jocko podcast. It is not hunting related but I know we have alot of patriotic people, military people, and just plain motivated people here.

Ive always enjoyed his stuff. I prefer the books and podcast over the tv show, but its not bad. I can say I learn something every time I read or listen to him.

If you want a good read check out his book American Buffalo. Really good.

You know what's good as well are the podcast where he's a guest on joe rogans podcast. If you listen to them in order they show a neat progression on how he helped Rogan become a guy with a slight curiosity in hunting to taking him out on his first hunt to now where he's bowhunting.

He has done a great job on Joe Rogan's podcast as mentioned above on multiple occasions. He also got Rogan into hunting, and Rogan talks about hunting on his podcast quite a bit in a very positive light. You may not think that is a big deal, but Joe Rogan's podcast reaches ALOT of people. A lot of the people who listen to Joe Rogan are not people who would be a typical hunting audience, and to have him preaching the value of hunting in a positive light is HUGE. Steve Rinella has done a lot to help hunting, but honestly the 1 thing that might have the biggest value to hunters and hunting might be getting Joe Rogan to be involved and getting his audience to at least listen to someone who isn't an NRA or hunting elite talk about hunting and wildlife management.

Joe Rogan now quite consistently has hunting friends of his on the podcast, talks and advocates hunting, and even has wildlife managers and biologists as guests to talk about subjects like coyotes, mountain lions, African hunting, etc.

• Like 4

i was trying to get into his show, but when he started talking about how he eats animals in the field to show them that hes a good guy he lost me.

i was trying to get into his show, but when he started talking about how he eats animals in the field to show them that hes a good guy he lost me.

Must have missed that...never heard him say anything like that.