Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

Hard Times

I live in 19a and I saw antelope fawns with shaky legs start to appear a month ago. Today, as I drove around (89 and Perkinsville Rd) I noticed I was seeing no fawns. I saw lots of antelope as they are hanging close to cattle watering troughs. I am betting antelope tag numbers for 19a will be less next year. Just some thought I wanted to share.

• Like 2

Ouch...sorry to hear that. Lots of coyotes around I bet. Most I have seen was on antelope hunt there a couple years ago.

Had a tag in that unit not long ago. It took 19 years to draw, and I can say the quality and quantity are way overblown.

• Like 1

Im no biologist either but arent the fawns laying low so they dont get eatin?

• Like 3

Im no biologist either but arent the fawns laying low so they dont get eatin?

Yea, your right. Could be that there were some with their head down, but I usually see some fawns gett'n going with their moms, plus, in case you haven't been out in the flats of 19a lately, there is no grass to hide in, It's really baren out there right now.

• Like 1

I saw a bunch of females up by biglake looking pretty prego last week.

Supposed to be a wetter then normal monsoon, lets pray

• Like 1

I know nothing about antelope but if they are like deer I'd imagine the females with young are a bit more solitary. They grab a drink and skidaddle.

Well, I went out today and I, finally, saw a couple antelope fawns. They weren't hard to spot in the grass, with the buzzards and ravens bouncing over their carcass. The rain didn't have much of an impact around these parts.

Was in 18a this weekend and no fawns spotted with the doe herds,shot a couple yotes and missed a couple!!!G&F will not reduce tag numbers in a year,it takes them 2-5 years to bring down numbers.But if they coun t two more deer that the last time they counted,deer tag numbers go up 200 in that unit??????WTF Been to so many G&F meeting and they do what they want no matter how many people plead against it?????Just money and nothing else that's AZ G&F!!!!!!!

• Like 3