Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Field Scoring antelope

I look for 3 time the length of the ear then judge the rest. This other stuff, just shoot

how many 18" goats you see?
One on my wall. 😀
I think what hes getting at is that if you use that method youll probably go home empty handed in 99.9999999% of antelope units. You had arguably the best antelope hunt in the world. Your buck is incredible and most will go their lifetime without seeing one like that!!

I was just bragging.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response I thought I was on my death bed with this flu bug I got. Uggghh

Anyways It all depends on how my scouting goes of how picky Im gonna be. Im headed out this weekend but again my next question is when are they done growing? Ive read somewhere that they shed their horns October-November?

^ They are horned.. No shedding for antelope.

Straight from Wikipedia

Animals such as pronghorn antelope and bison have horns instead of antlers, which stay permanently on their heads and are not shed. Pronghorn antelope do shed their horn shells every year and grow new ones, so antler hunters may find the black, hollow, fibrous horn sheaths when out antler hunting.

• Like 4

That's correct, there hair and lanolin, I was told they were called sheaths

• Like 1

Pronghorn definitely shed the sheath. Rare to find them since they deteriorate quicker than bone. But I have one I found in 7W years ago.

I have looked for them and never found one. A group of us were scouting for antelope and he says look at this PaPa. Lucky little kid.

post-593-0-63658200-1528921934_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I was there when Sean found this Shed. We were all very shocked and a little jealous:)

post-1205-0-37427200-1528932959.jpg

• Like 3

I'm still alot jealous as I have still not found one yet. He reminds me of that fact when ever we are anywhere near antelope.