Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Winchester mod '73 manufactured 1886

.44-40 standard rifle version in good working condition. Minor forestock damage, crecent butt, round barrel, rear sight elevator replaced. No pitting anywhere.

Selling for neighbor, please PM for more pics and serious offers, he has a good idea of the rifles value

post-11051-0-37849300-1529168884_thumb.jpgpost-11051-0-32111100-1529168981_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There is a guy (Yes, LEVERS) on this site that deals with them often. He could give a good estimate.

I'd say it's worth around $3k. Bore condition came make better or worse.

• Like 2

talk to LEVERS....He ll know...if not i know an old guy in phx who knows a little bit about those old winchesters...

Is he selling it or just wanting to know what it might be worth? Things without a price in the classifieds mean one of a few things: they have no idea what its worth, they want more than its worth or theyre hoping to get more than its worth.

true...without looking at it in person...hard to tell...but know the big $$$ is in there rare calibers...45-90...45-70...with octagon barrels....or half octagon-half round....44-40 was pretty common back then...

• Like 1

There is a guy on this site that deals with them often. He could give a good estimate.

I'd say it's worth around $3k. Bore condition came make better or worse.

The seller is asking, I believe, at the high end range for this rifle, $3K.

But to judge condition, yes you need to see it in person.

I'm looking for reasonable offers because of the gentleman's situation, he may need to take less, soon. That's between him and the buyer. But I think someone is getting a nice old rifle for their collection soon.

So if you're interested, pm me.

Thanks all that have looked, PMd I've enjoyed talking with you.

Levers, I wish we didn't live so far apart, thanks for all the info.

true...without looking at it in person...hard to tell...but know the big $$$ is in there rare calibers...45-90...45-70...with octagon barrels....or half octagon-half round....44-40 was pretty common back then...

You're probably referring to other models like the '76?

Pretty sure the '73 came in 44-40 and later 32-20, 38-40, even.22? Around 720000 built so not so rare as the other models.

You're probably referring to other models like the '76?

Pretty sure the '73 came in 44-40 and later 32-20, 38-40, even.22? Around 720000 built so not so rare as the other models.

You are correct with the 1873 calibers.

The two large calibers mentioned above would be for the 1885 single shot and the 1886 lever action.