Ringer

Flatlander for the new committee.

Yep, emailed all the commissioners last week, recommending Andrew (Flatlander) for a spot on any future education funding committee that's put together. He'd be an asset representing the interests of Arizona hunters. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Did anyone check with Andrew? Lol

Andrew voting for himself would appear awkward, therefore he doesn't get a vote.

from what i understand, we have no chance of getting an honest commissioner.

i've been told, the commission recommends the candidates, and it's a 100 percent hand picked inside job. Nobody who does not have ties to big time ranches and guides has any chance of getting the job.

anybody want to chime in on this?

I have no doubt there is some corruption in the system. However, I simply refuse to give up and not try because of it. I just sent an e-mail to all of the commissioners recommending Andrew . I don't know that it will make a difference but I will know that I tried. To me that makes a difference.

• Like 1

from what i understand, we have no chance of getting an honest commissioner.

i've been told, the commission recommends the candidates, and it's a 100 percent hand picked inside job. Nobody who does not have ties to big time ranches and guides has any chance of getting the job.

anybody want to chime in on this?

I have no doubt there is some corruption in the system. However, I simply refuse to give up and not try because of it. I just sent an e-mail to all of the commissioners recommending Andrew . I don't know that it will make a difference but I will know that I tried. To me that makes a difference.
Ive been told Gougenhour from Payson has been up for commission twice, but never got a single vote simply because hes not an insider. The guy is legit and will listen to reason, but thats not what they want.

I Hope its not true.

Just an FYI. This thread is not about the regular G&F 5-member commissioner board, but about sitting on a yet-to-be-formed education funding committee (to figure out money raising strategies so G&F can better inform the non-hunting public about what all the department does concerning all wildlife here in Arizona). And, yes, Flatlander would like to serve on this committee ...

• Like 3

Just an FYI. This thread is not about the regular G&F 5-member commissioner board, but about sitting on a yet-to-be-formed education funding committee (to figure out money raising strategies so G&F can better inform the non-hunting public about what all the department does concerning all wildlife here in Arizona). And, yes, Flatlander would like to serve on this committee ...

Thanks for clearing that up. I misunderstood the nature of this thread.

• Like 1

Nefarious Red already stated in the elk section under trail cam celebration that he doesn't want Andrew (Flatlander). Flatlander has my vote.

I would vote for him but that might constitute voter fraud since I am not a resident of AZ.

Nefarious Red already stated in the elk section under trail cam celebration that he doesn't want Andrew (Flatlander). Flatlander has my vote.

I would love to see where I said that. Post the quote here please.

The debate that I engaged Andrew in had everything to do with his commitment to the need for public education. If someone doesn't believe that we need this, why would they benefit the committee?

What I gathered, and I hope I am correct, is that Andrew understands and supports the need for this to happen, but has his own views and thoughts on funding the plan. There is nothing wrong with that, as that is what committees are for. I also have independent views on funding.

This is also the United States, and we encourage and reward creative ideas, as well as ambition. If Andrew wants to be considered for a committee, that is his decision. The Commission will NOT hear any negative remarks about Andrew from me.

If you think running around this forum and slandering me to get brownie points from some of the members is going to affect me whatsoever, you have not been paying attention to recent events. The irony is that it's not my mouth that will have any negative impact on Flatlander, Brian390, it is your mouth. If you really think Andrew would be a good candidate, perhaps you should consider how you are choosing to support him. Some hints have been dropped to you about your language, but you are not picking up on them. A committee member serving the interests of hunters doesn't need to be surrounded by people that do nothing but slander everyone else.

Best of luck to you if you are chosen, Andrew.

• Like 2

I would love to see where I said that. Post the quote here please.

Quote from the elk section under trail cam celebration from nefarious red to flatlander,

directly off of page 10

Nefarious red says to flatlander,

"You have no interest in the continual education plan, you have never defended it, and you have even mocked it at times. Good enough for me that the Commission has computers and knows how to use them. Continue how you see fit, but you aren't fooling anyone that matters."

On one of your next quotes off of the next page which is page 11.

directly off of page 11

Nefarious Red says to flatlander,

"Show me anything, from anywhere, when you did something to defend hunting or hunters. Since you care so much. What was your plan for defeating the humane society? What is your plan for defeating them when they come back? you are only interested in defeating Pete for your own selfish reasons, and it has nothing to do with hunting. I will put my trust in those with proven track record of standing up for hunting in Arizona, and those that are actively trying to defend us from anti hunting groups. You are merely to put others down to bring yourself up. Well, where I come from you have to make your own success. you don't get kudos for being a mouth piece. you know nothing of the common good, or you would have done something to help when an out of states group was trying to take tags from you."

quote from me, "So what are you trying to say, that you want him?"