Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Athens Archery. No Az dealers but hate to see ya'll miss out

I was introduced to this company back in 2012 or 13 I believe. Since then I have not read one single bad review of any bow I've ever had. Guys may want a longer ata or to change their draw length or more speed but nobody's ever complained about a bows performance that I've read. I don't have any of the new lineup but just the bragging on them is unbelievable how nice they are there specs are always under so if they shave it say it shoots 350 it's actually going to be faster if they say it shoots 342 it will be faster ibo. Want to put this link to their bow so you can take a look before you order one. You must know your draw length because they are fixed draw bows. If you're in the market and not scared to buy Blind (without feeling 1) I'm telling you you'll never step away from Athens archery. My favorite in the new lineup is the altitude but I'm also six foot two and almost 300 pounds so I like a little more axle to axle like that they have the newest bow is the summit. The Revelation i believe is 350 ft per second these Bows are a lot shorter. The Revelation 7 have had plenty of 6-foot guys say that they actually shoot it quite well even though I believe it's only like a 30 inch axle axle. Take a look at them they're very nice. Also all Athens have lifetime warranty that follows the bow not the original owner.

https://athensarchery.com/

post-2359-0-95507000-1529217050_thumb.png

post-2359-0-14695300-1529217275_thumb.png

post-2359-0-92050600-1529217288_thumb.png

post-2359-0-38516800-1529217301_thumb.png

post-2359-0-93669000-1529217318_thumb.png

post-2359-0-91335400-1529217339_thumb.png

post-2359-0-38310900-1529217356_thumb.png

post-2359-0-53737300-1529217371_thumb.png

• Like 1

This post is exactly right. I only own 1 Athens, a 2013 Accomplice 34" and it is a smooth, quiet, accurate, forgiving bow. It is so smooth and easy to shoot I call it my girl bow. I sent it back to the factory when I let a guy work on it who didn't know what he was doing, and they set it up and retuned to factory specs. no charge. The company is a small Midwestern company, very easy to deal with, and customer-service oriented. They don't spend a fortune on advertising and promo hype like the big 3 or 4 (not that the big companies don't make good bows) so they are not as well known. But they also are able to offer new bows at very competitive prices, since they don't have all the marketing costs.

There is supposedly a factory rep. in Wickenburg, Desert Ghost or something, but I have never visited their shop.

forepaw

• Like 1

Xpedition Archery is set up the same way... great bows and customer service. Best shooting out of the box bows I've ever owned in over 30 years of archery. Ed F

• Like 1

I was bow shopping a year or two ago and shot them an email to see if there was a local dealer where I could test drive one. I was looking for a side gig at the time and offered to be a sales rep.

They emailed back and offered me a $150 off a bow and said I could be a pro staffer.

I thought that was kind of cheesy. $150 off makes me pro staff. If Im pro staff, I want a lot more than a coupon. Maybe Im too skeptical, I dont know.

Something didnt seem legit.

So, not being able to shoot one, I went with Pse.

I would have liked to shoot one, though.

• Like 1

I was bow shopping a year or two ago and shot them an email to see if there was a local dealer where I could test drive one. I was looking for a side gig at the time and offered to be a sales rep.

They emailed back and offered me a $150 off a bow and said I could be a pro staffer.

I thought that was kind of cheesy. $150 off makes me pro staff. If Im pro staff, I want a lot more than a coupon. Maybe Im too skeptical, I dont know.

Staff must own a current production bow and getting into 1 at their pkg $ is discounted. If accepted for staff you do get discounts from other companies also. Im unable to share pricing info. Like stated above they are small company and not big on advertising or giveaways so they can keep prices down. They let their staff wins hepl sell their bows. :)
  • Like 1

This post is exactly right. I only own 1 Athens, a 2013 Accomplice 34" and it is a smooth, quiet, accurate, forgiving bow. It is so smooth and easy to shoot I call it my girl bow. I sent it back to the factory when I let a guy work on it who didn't know what he was doing, and they set it up and retuned to factory specs. no charge. The company is a small Midwestern company, very easy to deal with, and customer-service oriented. They don't spend a fortune on advertising and promo hype like the big 3 or 4 (not that the big companies don't make good bows) so they are not as well known. But they also are able to offer new bows at very competitive prices, since they don't have all the marketing costs.

There is supposedly a factory rep. in Wickenburg, Desert Ghost or something, but I have never visited their shop.

forepaw

The accomplice 34 is still a heck of a bow. A lot of guys still call it their favorite Super smooth shooting bow. I want a ALTITUDE!

Rodney Rudd is your contact name for correct info on this topic.

It was Rodney I talked to. Maybe I shouldnt have been to hard on them, I dont know. Their bows have awesome reviews.

I just thought their marketing ploy was a little cheesy. Rodney didnt know me from my great aunt Ethel, and his first reply to me was to sign me on as a pro staffer, for $150 off a bow and a t-shirt.

Maybe I missed my opportunity...lol

It was Rodney I talked to. Maybe I shouldnt have been to hard on them, I dont know. Their bows have awesome reviews.

I just thought their marketing ploy was a little cheesy. Rodney didnt know me from my great aunt Ethel, and his first reply to me was to sign me on as a pro staffer, for $150 off a bow and a t-shirt.

Maybe I missed my opportunity...lol

L.O.L. well guess it depends what price it was starting at. :) let me say this, i have yet to meet a Athens guy that goes back to any other than Athens. What does happen is you suddenly have a whole closet full of past and present bows. :]

I asked him I think it was last year if he would donate a bow for Christian Hunters of American elk seminar and I was told no that they're not doing any donations the whole year. I know they took a pretty good hit they tried to come out with a crossbow is absolutely amazing crossbow but Athens archery actually started as a machine shop the owner Jason machines parts for multiple bow companies and scorpyd crossbows. I believe scorpyd sued them or some such thing over there design so Athens never got to produce it or maybe scorpyd said they were going to leave and maybe Athens said will we make a lot of money making their bows so let's just drop our crossbow???. I'm not really sure what happened there all I know is I really wanted one of the crossbows it was amazing. But what they do is they focus on just a few designs each year just a few new ones come out and they're absolutely top-notch amazing each year it seems to get better. They've somehow even developed 30-inch bows axle to axle that feel like a 34 inch bow and they hold like a 34 inch bow. This Summit is the new one guys are jumping all over but to me it's just that seems really small at 30 in ATA. The altitude is a good compromise between hunting bow and target bow 33 or 34 something like that. Many 3D guys actually go with the altitude. I owned one of the target bows years back and it was pretty cool but im not target guy. I have a Solace from 2016 that I'm actually converting cams on right now I sent it to a guy who's putting K2 Cams same as is on the altitude he's putting those on my Solace and supposedly it's a pretty mean machine afterwards. He said he can tune it with a monster Valley and 90% let off if I want :-) :-) :-) after a ton of surgeries I'm slowly trying to work my way back into actually being able to hunt with a bow cuz crossbows are cool and all but I miss archery.

If you end up going Athens route the altitude or the revelations 7 is super popular and then the Revelation or rev is actually a shorter brace height and faster so that's a pretty popular speed bow i know Rodney shoots that 1. I think in original post i mentioned you can choose the colors in the limbs and everything. They have stock options that you can choose from or you can go custom in spend more money they have a custom shop there where they do all kinds of work but they have some really super cool colors and then for the Riser and then different colors for limbs that you can choose and put together what you want that makes it kind of fun.

If they were adjustable draw bows everybody would own one but because they're fixed cams everybody tends to shy away from them because it hurts the resale value. Me personally I don't buy a bow because I'm looking forward to selling it I buy a bow because I want it to perform its absolute best for me. I've bought multiple used bows and then bought different cams and have them put on but of course it's easier to just by your draw length but im 31" and it seems most Athens guys are 27 or 28" 😡 i do have some in 30" including 1 lefty if anybody ever wants to try out but i do not have a current model in production i like being cheap and buying used. ;)

• Like 1