Sign in to follow this  
davehc130

The law AZ SHOULD HAVE PASSED!!!!

I don't understand the fair chase issue. If every tank has multiple cameras then multiple people will hunt those tanks. The increase of human activity will make the animal change it's pattern. It is still fair chase because you can't make the animal come in at a certain time on a certain day. Nothing guarantees you an animal, or particular animal, on public land.

Now suppose the hunter knows there is a 220" mule deer and that is the only animal they are going to put their tag on. Every other deer wether it be a forky or a 190" deer will be passed by that hunter looking for the 220" deer. That is the way they choose to hunt and more power to them for only settling for the animal they want.

You also assume it is only hunters and guides running them thar cameras. You personally know every camera owner and know they are a guide or hunter? Maybe it is some bird watcher trying to catch a red throated nut chaser. Maybe they are put out by PETA members keeping tabs on hunters. Maybe they are put out by scientist or hobbyist to track herds.

You sound like you need a blanky and a nap with your baba.

• Like 1

I don't understand the fair chase issue. If every tank has multiple cameras then multiple people will hunt those tanks. The increase of human activity will make the animal change it's pattern. It is still fair chase because you can't make the animal come in at a certain time on a certain day. Nothing guarantees you an animal, or particular animal, on public land.

Now suppose the hunter knows there is a 220" mule deer and that is the only animal they are going to put their tag on. Every other deer wether it be a forky or a 190" deer will be passed by that hunter looking for the 220" deer. That is the way they choose to hunt and more power to them for only settling for the animal they want.

You also assume it is only hunters and guides running them thar cameras. You personally know every camera owner and know they are a guide or hunter? Maybe it is some bird watcher trying to catch a red throated nut chaser. Maybe they are put out by PETA members keeping tabs on hunters. Maybe they are put out by scientist or hobbyist to track herds.

So taking away every sense a buck relies on to survive and make a decision if it is safe to water at that time. No advantage?

Flying was mostly legal in AK until last year and now has been changed, why because hunters, guides were taking advantage of it.

Rules or new rules need to be implied at times.

no one is taking away your hunting rights. There are alot of people that do not enjoy seeing cameras hung in the forest.

If there wasn't big money to be had to capture a pic of a trophy animals, do you think people would invest in 20 to 100+ cameras and leave them in the woods?

• Like 1

So taking away every sense a buck relies on to survive and make a decision if it is safe to water at that time. No advantage?

Flying was mostly legal in AK until last year and now has been changed, why because hunters, guides were taking advantage of it.

Rules or new rules need to be implied at times.

no one is taking away your hunting rights. There are alot of people that do not enjoy seeing cameras hung in the forest.

If there wasn't big money to be had to capture a pic of a trophy animals, do you think people would invest in 20 to 100+ cameras and leave them in the woods?

theres way more cams out there by regular joes than there are guys doing it for money. long range guns are a way bigger advantage than trail cam ever will be

• Like 1

So what, it is trash in the woods, have at it on private property.

I have seen more beer cans, broken bottles, and trash along the road than trail cams in the woods. Not to mention the crap burned in fire rings. Then again I stay away from water holes for the most part. In an arid environment the water holes congregate the animals. Good hunters know that and hunt around water holes, cameras or not. I have seen more damage done to the environment by dirt bikes, atvs, utvs, and side by sides, wood cutters, mountain bikers, etc. than trail cams.

So put your money where your mouth is and pick up the beer cans and litter along the forest roads. I take trash bags with me for just such occasions.

• Like 1

What money are you talking about, I do pick up trash and teach my girls to do the same.

Not the point . Leaving cameras hung on trees, fence posts, rocks, where ever shouldn't be on national forest.

Same goes with ground blinds shredded laying on the ground. Any thing goes now days.Camera shoot wasn't a problem 15 years ago and no I am not a old fart.

TBH I wish they'd get rid of cams all together. But while they're legal I like to use them and I get some sick footage. Mostly in areas I don't even hunt I just do it for fun

• Like 1

What money are you talking about, I do pick up trash and teach my girls to do the same.

Not the point . Leaving cameras hung on trees, fence posts, rocks, where ever shouldn't be on national forest.

Same goes with ground blinds shredded laying on the ground. Any thing goes now days.Camera shoot wasn't a problem 15 years ago and no I am not a old fart.

So your point is it is a land management issue. Then go cry to the land managers, not the hunting guys. Game departments can only regulate the animals and the way they are harvested on the land and not the use of the land itself. USFS and BLM are multi use lands, meaning there are multiple users of the land. Trail cam users are one of them just like backpacking or bird watching is one of them. Banning trail cameras because you don't like their use is just one step away from PETA banning hunting because they don't like seeing gut piles and bleached bones from hunters. See what I did there, blaming all bleached bones on hunters and not other predation.