Sign in to follow this  
lonne

AZ Jaguar Killed?

Could they be any more vague? Animal rights group has a picture of a pelt.. that's about all I know that I didn't know before.

Looks like an animal rights group trying to get people very emotional with a bunch of "this might have happened" or "what if this happened". It is all hypothetical crap. The Jaguar could be running around right now eating rabbits and we wouldn't know.

Did you ever notice that (name the group) gets people emotionally charged about things that you can't actually see, touch, smell or verify? Global warming and the world is coming to the end. I've never see the ozone but I'm told we could die at any moment. Haven't seen a Jaguar but they could be gone forever next year.

This goes hand in hand with the legislation that HSUS was trying to get passed and didn't get the signatures for. They will be back for the cats!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Consider who published the article... AZ Central , AKA Arizona Republic. . Biggest bunch of libtards using their media to project their own slanted views on gun ownership and wildlife management, not to mention politics. . The current management makes me ashamed that I delivered their paper when I was a kid . I'm truly amazed that they stay in business.

• Like 3

That really sucks. I was hoping for a chance to lay eyes on that beauty someday.

I’m not sure what I saw but in 2004 I was fishing the San Pedro @ Charleston rd when I saw a large (100lbs ish) black spotted cat walking down the shore. It saw me and jumped back into the brush. I felt somewhere between my 1911 and my skills with it weren’t enough and I packed up and hauled butt back to base.

Now meateater is spreading the picture around. Whining about a possible wall contributing to the no jags in north America crap.

What a joke.

Hmmm...... Who else is going to the show tomorrow? (My son and I will be there.) Possibly a good local topic to throw out there for discussion. Along with the other obvious local topic. ;)

S.

The case offers a perfect example of "why we need jaguar conservation in Mexico so we don't have a tragedy like this again,"...

Sounds like it was killed in Sonora.

Yup. I taught a student whose family was from Sonora about 15 years ago. They were down for their nephew's birthday party when when a young jag strolled out of the desert and a relative shot and skinned it. Many international laws seem to be non-effective south of our border.

• Like 1

Kidso- several students of mine have family ranches in Mexico and they have the same stories- run into a jaguar on the ranch the hunt is on

• Like 2