Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Forest Closures

Does anybody know if the closure in the San francisco Peaks still going? my hunt is in the wilderness and haven't been able to go because of the closure, and another question is, can you still go hiking in the area that is close.

thanks for the help.

cool part is nobody can go in that area and the animals should have very little stress. Things change so fast once they go hard horned anyways that most of the scouting done before September 1st is not that important. Honestly I look at 2 things before September. Feed (where the cows are at) and Water (where the cows are at). Come the middle of September the boys will show up. Kind of like a lady's night at the bar. Give women a bunch of cheap drinks and dudes will show up.

• Like 3

Thanks guys just wanted to know if you could hike to learn the lay of the land, I know it goes from steep to steepet

The forest is closed, elk are not even allowed, cause they might play with the matches.

• Like 2

Thanks guys just wanted to know if you could hike to learn the lay of the land, I know it goes from steep to steepet

You got it steep to steeper. Lay of land now known. They do however like to sneek down the West side and cross highway just remember that.