Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Hitting Cards

Whoa!!! Buffalo for me. Raymond herd cow November-December. I know nothing about this hunt and AZ seems to have little on line info.

oops. Not the Raymond herd.

Looks like I have a possibility of getting a bull elk, a bison ana two deer in about a months time. I think I am seriously on system overload.

Raymond is show up get a talk, go for ride with G&F they spin some pellets out of truck and bison come in and they tell you which 1 to shoot. Then you fill your freezer!

Well, it appears I was mistaken. My tag is not the Raymond tag. Apparently, what I drew is a Limited Opportunity cow bison tag for Nov. 2 - Dec 31 in 12 A, 12B, and 13A (House Rock herd)

At this moment, I am totally confused, especially since they are culling the herd this year. I mean, are there going to be many bison left by November. I know nuthin about this hunt so far.

There will be plenty of bison left. It just depends on whether they are moving out of the park at that time of the year. Water and salt are the main enticements that pull them from the GCNP, and they will most likely have some source of water by November . I killed my bull in January, there was snow all over, yet they were still moving out to hit the salt. You have a long hunt, but I would recommend allowing as much , as in A LOT, of time for the hunt. The down side is you will have deer and turkey hunters up there in October, and the hunter/vehicle pressure is what will keep them in the park or nocturnal. I would recommend talking to Russ Jacoby even if you don't hire him. He is a wealth of knowledge on the buffalo hunt. up there. Good luck and congratulations on the tag.

• Like 1

My expectations weren't too high, having already taken a turkey with a bow this year so I couldn't apply, and having drawn desert sheep two years ago and the Strip last year for deer so not many bonus points. But dang it, I was hoping!! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Drew either 13b or 12a west. Guessing it's 12a west simce i only had 7 points, but hoping i got lucky and drew 13b since it was 1st choice.... Now ill wait and see.

I finally have a rifle deer hunt after 5 years! I am not 100% sure what unit yet, but either hunt is a nice hunt!

Sweet!!

December whitetail, not sure what unit yet.

• Like 4

AZGFD just hired a Hitman, GMU 22.

Took a little longer to show up on my credit union account, and using a debit card?

• Like 3

Just in, looks like wife got the Bab, and I got Bab archery or 22 whitetail, hopefully wife got the late tag but early works to.

• Like 5

Going to Kaibab for archery, cant wait. Also pumped my dad drew 3a/3c rifle hunt so back to 3c again for another hunt. Going to be a good year

• Like 2

Dec. Whitetail for me. Not sure what unit.. hoping for my 1st Choice 24a. Since I grew up there. Signing my tag over to my daughter who turns 10 today. Gonna be a great hunt with her....

• Like 4

My expectations weren't too high, having already taken a turkey with a bow this year so I couldn't apply, and having drawn desert sheep two years ago and the Strip last year for deer so not many bonus points. But dang it, I was hoping!! :rolleyes:

Hey Marvin, How'd the deer hunt go?

• Like 1

Just found my choices I put in for this year I have either a 33 late whitetail or 34a late whitetail. I am pretty sure my 3rd choice of 24a I did not get. Looks like my daughter is going to hunt late 33.....

• Like 1