Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

What tag did the wife or I draw?12aw late hunt or 3a3c mule deer

12aw late first choice 3a3c second choice nothing else. both only had 2 points plus loyalty and hunters ed points.put in for these hunts expecting to get another bonus point and archery hunt coues deer like i do but got a hit on the card and now cant stop thinking about what we drew!

• Like 3

I'm in the same boat put in with two points for 12a west rifle First Choice second choice 12a West archery .

Got hit for a tag, but I don't know if I got one of those or my third choice which is 33

Ah....remember the days when you got a tag in the mail and you found out what you got drawn for.....that being said I'm kinda in the same boat 13a first choice 33 late 2nd....in my case I'm thinking I got the 33 late tag

• Like 1

Same problem here. 12AW late rifle first, 12AE early rifle second. I had 5pts which isn't enough to guarantee either tag so I don't know where I am drawn. Both are good hunts so i don't care really.

I just know i need to start loading all copper bullets which i am working on!

• Like 1

Same problem here. 12AW late rifle first, 12AE early rifle second. I had 5pts which isn't enough to guarantee either tag so I don't know where I am drawn. Both are good hunts so i don't care really.

Why do you NEED all copper?

Lead kills the condor after it eats your deers remains. When you are drawn for a tag north of the Colorado river you recieve a coupon with your tag for a free box of ammo or 50 all copper/ non lead bullets to reload.

• Like 1

Lead kills the condor after it eats your deers remains. When you are drawn for a tag north of the Colorado river you recieve a coupon with your tag for a free box of ammo or 50 all copper/ non lead bullets to reload.

That's not a NEED. There has never been a single condor or waterfowl die from ingesting lead fragments or shot. I will be using PRBullets on my 12a hunt.

I don't NEED them, but if it recommended and I have time to develop the loads why not?

Only 1 of the 3 rifles I will load for has a 100% dialed in lead bullet load at this point. Might as well shift my efforts for now to copper bullets, and then finish the lead bullet loads later.

If you get your all copper bullet coupon and don't need it I will be happy to take it off your hands.

That's not a NEED. There has never been a single condor or waterfowl die from ingesting lead fragments or shot. I will be using PRBullets on my 12a hunt.

When hunters voluntarily do things like use non-lead ammo to protect from collateral damage it illustrates that sportsmen are conservationists and not just consumers of a renewable resource.

The fact that AZGFD can report that 90% or whatever of hunters use non-lead ammo or remove carcasses from the field takes away the argument from antis that hunting is detrimental to the condor population. If one condor dies from ingesting lead it will be used as propaganda for the next HSUS campaign.

Just a little food for thought.

• Like 4

Im a died in the wool research everything I hear pessimist, but Im also a scientist with a degree in zoology. It is a proven fact that ingested lead will kill birds. Keep an open mind and dont disregard things just because you think its the liberals agenda, it makes us all as hunters look bad. We are stewards of all wildlife whether we like it or not. Use copper or haul out your gut pile. Ill stick with copper if there are condors around as its easier.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/03079457309353796

• Like 3

I don't NEED them, but if it recommended and I have time to develop the loads why not?

Only 1 of the 3 rifles I will load for has a 100% dialed in lead bullet load at this point. Might as well shift my efforts for now to copper bullets, and then finish the lead bullet loads later.

If you get your all copper bullet coupon and don't need it I will be happy to take it off your hands.

I've tried them. They don't group in my muzzleloader and imho don't have enough SD in a muzzleloader. You can have my coupon. I will pm you when I get it.

There is no mortality concern from ingestion. The condor concern is a liberal one. The use of lead was banned for waterfowl not because of ingestion but because of the potential harm to ground water supplies. I too am in tune to the reaserch on the effects of lead. If I shoot my deer in the guts I'll haul them out

• Like 1

Still where's the facts, inform me please, is there a site with this information?