Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

What tag did the wife or I draw?12aw late hunt or 3a3c mule deer

There is no mortality concern from ingestion. The condor concern is a liberal one. The use of lead was banned for waterfowl not because of ingestion but because of the potential harm to ground water supplies. I too am in tune to the reaserch on the effects of lead. If I shoot my deer in the guts I'll haul them out

Same link I posted above. Please read. Being skeptical of the liberal agenda and being a baffoon dont have to be one and the same.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/03079457309353796

• Like 5

So yes I'm sorry if you force feed a duck lead shot it will die. There weren't duck fatalities due to consumption. There has been one condor fatality due to lead ANF he apparently had a taste for it. Not saying we shouldn't be aware of a potential concern but it isn't an eminent threat to scavenging birds or waterfowl.

So yes I'm sorry if you force feed a duck lead shot it will die. There weren't duck fatalities due to consumption. There has been one condor fatality due to lead ANF he apparently had a taste for it. Not saying we shouldn't be aware of a potential concern but it isn't an eminent threat to scavenging birds or waterfowl.

For one who was mighty hot to trot when tags were being offered as bait for an education initiative about what a great job AZGFD does managing wildlife you sure dont seem to give two squirts of crap about their recommendation on this particular issue.

Interesting.

• Like 4

For one who was mighty hot to trot when tags were being offered as bait for an education initiative about what a great job AZGFD does managing wildlife you sure dont seem to give two squirts of crap about their recommendation on this particular issue.

Interesting.

Nope. This is one that they did to appease the ANTI's. They do a great job of managing wildlife why does that mean I have to agree with everything they do? They put a season on mountain lion and bobcat. I don't agree with that either. There is a season on prairie dogs that I see no need for. Those were done for the anti's as well.

So you have no evidence that it doesn't, wow so you say f the birds, cool. Uniformed.

So you have no evidence that it doesn't, wow so you say f the birds, cool. Uniformed.

No I don't. There is one case of A condor dying of lead consumption. 1 case. One. And that bird had eaten 300 some pieces of lead. Would you ban socks and underwear in your house if your lab dies from eating them? All the worry over 1. There aren't bald eagles, Turkey vultures or ravens falling out of the sky from consuming lead. They all eat gut plies all over the Country. Eagles are an ESA raptor here in Arizona aren't they? Why not ban lead everywhere? Yeah, uninformed...

• Like 1

No I don't. There is one case of A condor dying of lead consumption. 1 case. One. And that bird had eaten 300 some pieces of lead. Would you ban socks and underwear in your house if your lab dies from eating them? All the worry over 1. There aren't bald eagles, Turkey vultures or ravens falling out of the sky from consuming lead. They all eat gut plies all over the Country. Eagles are an ESA raptor here in Arizona aren't they? Why not ban lead everywhere? Yeah, uninformed...

Is it really that hard to shoot copper? If it is, its pretty clear carrying out a whole carcass will be way out of your league.

And have you ever seen what a bullet does when it hits bone? There could be 300 pieces of lead in one carcass, but cool whatever, you do you. The rest of us will be busy being considerate conservationists working with other interest groups instead of opposing them out of spite.

Oh and eagles, they are predatory raptors, not scavengers I have never seen one on a gut pile in AZ. I am sure they will eat gut piles, but they arent a primary food source. Condors are oversized vultures, they eat what other people kill.

• Like 1

Is it really that hard to shoot copper? If it is, its pretty clear carrying out a whole carcass will be way out of your league.

And have you ever seen what a bullet does when it hits bone? There could be 300 pieces of lead in one carcass, but cool whatever, you do you. The rest of us will be busy being considerate conservationists working with other interest groups instead of opposing them out of spite.

Oh and eagles, they are predatory raptors, not scavengers I have never seen one on a gut pile in AZ. I am sure they will eat gut piles, but they arent a primary food source. Condors are oversized vultures, they eat what other people kill.

I've tried them out of my muzzleloader and they don't shoot. Also I don't feel there is a high enough SD at low velocity. Can you read you little butterball? I've already said this. You go try and present yourself as the higher moral standard. I'm done with you. You have no interest in any cconversation that runs contrary to little Andy's view.

Don't know about copper for muzzeloaders but the 165 hornady super performance shot great out of my 30/06 last year in kaibab. If you choose lead they will want the box of ammo at the check station when you kill. If you do not have the gut pile they will make you go retrieve it.

I've tried them out of my muzzleloader and they don't shoot. Also I don't feel there is a high enough SD at low velocity. Can you read you little butterball? I've already said this. You go try and present yourself as the higher moral standard. I'm done with you. You have no interest in any cconversation that runs contrary to little Andy's view.

Bye Felicia.

• Like 1

You can use lead, understood about the muzzle loader. They give a $500 Cabela's card drawing for those who bring in the gut pile or tell them where it's at when you check in your deer and they'll go get it. You've made some good points, but lead is all I use..

• Like 1

Don't know about copper for muzzeloaders but the 165 hornady super performance shot great out of my 30/06 last year in kaibab. If you choose lead they will want the box of ammo at the check station when you kill. If you do not have the gut pile they will make you go retrieve it.

Just for the record I've used lead free bullets on both my rifle hunts and it is a voluntary program but the AZGFD cant make you go retrieve a gut pile because you chose not to use lead free ammo.

I used copper bullets last year and I'm just going by what they told,me at the check station. Maybe they won't make you. I do know if you bring your gut pile if using lead they enter you into a raffle