Sign in to follow this  
knothead

The 2018 leftover list is now up on G&F website.

Unit 29 used to always have leftover tags. Not anymore.

Yeah, weird

Just curious, was that a couple years ago? I'm looking at the leftover list for 2017 in the Arizona Coues Deer section that someone posted, and looking at this year's list. I don't see anything for 29 in either year. I could be missing something, too.

Thanks.

I know they update the list as tags are givin out week to week, so maybe this?

I don't know when 29 stopped showing up on the leftover lists. It used to be my go to tag to try and get if I needed to try and get a hunt off the leftover list.

Somewhere in the last few years it has stopped showing up on the leftover list so people must like the hunt more then the past.

Unit 29 had 44 tags left over in 2016 for the early November hunt, and in 2015 had 30 tags left over for the late October hunt and 59 tags left over for the early November hunt. For the general hunts, the total left over deer tags in 2015 were 2610, 2016 were 1870, and as previously mentioned, 2017 were 1508 and 2018 are 1614.

• Like 1

I don't know when 29 stopped showing up on the leftover lists. It used to be my go to tag to try and get if I needed to try and get a hunt off the leftover list.

Somewhere in the last few years it has stopped showing up on the leftover list so people must like the hunt more then the past.

Bummer. Sorry to hear. Looks like a nice unit down there!

Unit 29 had 44 tags left over in 2016 for the early November hunt, and in 2015 had 30 tags left over for the late October hunt and 59 tags left over for the early November hunt. For the general hunts, the total left over deer tags in 2015 were 2610, 2016 were 1870, and as previously mentioned, 2017 were 1508 and 2018 are 1614.

I sure miss those higher numbers...likely gone forever.

Too funny......

I have been putting-in for 36C early hunt for second choice for a few years now. It has always been kind of the "100% go to" draw for a unit that I have become quite familiar with over the years. (As a side note, BIG thanks to Redrabbit for giving me some tips many many years ago on that unit! Doug is a generous and cool dude!!)

Anyway, myself, son and hunting buddy from Utah were NOT DRAWN this year. I was dumbfounded, and jokingly told them that maybe it was because there were three of us on the application and possibly not that many tags left by the time our app was pulled. Well what do you know, that hunt is listed as have one (1) left over tag!! :lol: :lol: Seriously??? So it looks like that is what happened! 1 tag left over, but 3 of us were on the application. Wow... :wacko:

Oh well, I'll see if I can snag my son one of the leftovers available in some other units.... ;)

S.

PS: Can't complain because my two college age kids were drawn for the December 14-31 hunt! VERY excited to be with them on that one!!

• Like 2

Too funny......

I have been putting-in for 36C early hunt for second choice for a few years now. It has always been kind of the "100% go to" draw for a unit that I have become quite familiar with over the years. (As a side note, BIG thanks to Redrabbit for giving me some tips many many years ago on that unit! Doug is a generous and cool dude!!)

Anyway, myself, son and hunting buddy from Utah were NOT DRAWN this year. I was dumbfounded, and jokingly told them that maybe it was because there were three of us on the application and possibly not that many tags left by the time our app was pulled. Well what do you know, that hunt is listed as have one (1) left over tag!! :lol: :lol: Seriously??? So it looks like that is what happened! 1 tag left over, but 3 of us were on the application. Wow... :wacko:

Oh well, I'll see if I can snag my son one of the leftovers available in some other units.... ;)

S.

PS: Can't complain because my two college age kids were drawn for the December 14-31 hunt! VERY excited to be with them on that one!!

With the non-res on the app, maybe the non resident cap had been met by the time you were pulled?

• Like 4

Too funny......

S.

With the non-res on the app, maybe the non resident cap had been met by the time you were pulled?

What Casey said, put the non resident on a separate app if you want to draw.

• Like 2

Too funny......

S.

What Casey said, put the non resident on a separate app if you want to draw.

Yup, that could be the reason as well.... I feel suspect that it was the non-resident cap, because this hunt is really NOT on that many radar screens (hence the perennial under subscription....). Would be very surprised if it was due to non-res cap, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

We have put in together many times for this same hunt, and have always been drawn. Since there was one left over and three of us on the application, I just chalked it up to extreme draw odds bad luck. :wacko: In the old days maybe they would have given us a mulligan, but in the age of computers I suppose it is what it is. :rolleyes: Oh well..... Spilled milk and a mute point for this year. NBD...

Will definitely consider the separate applications for next year.

If I recall, there are only like 150 tags for that hunt right? That takes only 15 non-residents to draw before you. That's not many, especially with all the widespread publicity coues hunts have been getting recently.

• Like 2

I made the same mistake and my brother about killed me ha ha ha, never again

Stan, I wonder if some application services applied their NR hunters to 36C and hence filled the NR cap.

have fun in December with the "kids".

• Like 1