Sign in to follow this  
1denogean

Someone is going to get a call...... she gone

Well coues family I thought what was a good idea cashing in my elk points to hunt this year turned around. I didnt know what the lord had in store for me. My family and I drew quite a few tags and I drew the coveted late kaibab with my hunting partner! With scouting not going well due to the closures and me not wanting to stress about time I turned in my early archery 3a3c bull tag today. I hope that whomever gets it enjoys the hunt and gets a great bull. I decided to turn it in early enough for the hunter to scout and have a great hunt. In return I hope that this will get me some good luck on my hunt! It will be great if this goes to a fellow member if anyone hears about it would be cool to know who got the tag

• Like 7

I was so nervous about turning it in anyways I must've asked a thousand times about getting my points back. So Ill let them (azgfd) figure out who gets it

Youre going to make someone really happy. Based on how many points you had it may be an easy draw again. Please tell me you didnt draw that tag with only a few points.

Good luck towards a 200+ muley!

• Like 1

No I had 15 been waiting for 23 but wanted to hunt. So looks like ill be going for big hunts from here on out with 16, still not in the pool for most but almost

• Like 2

Next year the 3a3c elk hunt is moved back one week to allow an early muzzy hunt. Apply next year and you will probably draw it again. Not sure I would have done the same thing but you at least did a good thing by donating it. Good Luck on your deer hunt.

I was so nervous about turning it in anyways I must've asked a thousand times about getting my points back. So Ill let them (azgfd) figure out who gets it

I believe he was saying you could of donated it to a veteran instead of giving it back to the department.

I know a guy who turned in a 23n early rifle bull tag this year cause he said antler growth wont be good. Good luck on your deer hunt.

Well antler growth is going to be better than people think. With the monsoons going right now I think the rut will be a great time. I for sure couldn't have turned in the tag. Those hunts are months apart and I would have figured it out.

The next time he draws the tag he has to hunt. Can only do that once. Remember back in the day when you got quite a few tags and had to do a bunch of hunting........Ya just figured it out.

• Like 1

I agree. I have an early archery 5bsouth tag and antler growth isn't looking to bad in my opinion. I would not have turned in a 23north early rifle tag for that reason but maybe he will draw it again

• Like 1

good point, i have no problems having to hunt the next time it goes around but being that unless you own a company or have a special job that gives you a ton of flexible time it was just not worth it this year when I can go all out on 1 hunt this year and another the next or in a few. who knows I'm waiting all this time for a prime elk tag and ill probably still end up shooting a meat bull like my meathunter friends. but at least ill be able to say i gave it all and didn't skimp on time or only hunted half or part of the hunts. horn growth had absolutely nothing to do with my tag surrender

• Like 5