RAM

Monsoon report

We just had a wicked micro burst come through Lakeside. Trees, power poles are up rooted and broke off everywhere. Here is a big old oak that broke off in my yard.

Brian

post-102-0-06063600-1532736972_thumb.jpeg

post-102-0-41029300-1532738419_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

South half of 8 is still needing rain. Southeast quarter of unit is bone dry. Basically no change over the past week.

I was in the southeast part of 8 yesterday. There has been some moisture there over the past few days, and some of the roads had standing water in them from the Friday/Saturday storms that passed through the area. Overall though some parts in the south half have still had very little rain compared to the north half. As an example, a road that is typically almost impassible at this point (due to monsoons) was basically dry. I did watch a small rain cell move right through the SE area yesterday evening online though.

The good news is most of the south area is getting some rain and there is a lot of green out there unlike a month and a half ago. The tank I spoke of earlier in 8 now has a few feet of water in it too, but that's in the NE part of 8. The best news I had yesterday was seeing a pic of a bull in one of the dry areas that has what looks like 16" 3s, very massive, and still growing. His T5s were also very long (12"+) and still growing. It wasn't my camera so I don't have the pic, but was shown the pic by the camera owner.

Still could use a lot more rain though...

• Like 1

The valley better get ready , the high country is sending you a gully washer, large hail, 70 mile he winds, yup all the good stuff. I give it an HR or so. Hold on, it's wide and nasty. Be safe

• Like 3

South half of 8 is still needing rain. Southeast quarter of unit is bone dry. Basically no change over the past week.

I was in the southeast part of 8 yesterday. There has been some moisture there over the past few days, and some of the roads had standing water in them from the Friday/Saturday storms that passed through the area. Overall though some parts in the south half have still had very little rain compared to the north half. As an example, a road that is typically almost impassible at this point (due to monsoons) was basically dry. I did watch a small rain cell move right through the SE area yesterday evening online though.

The good news is most of the south area is getting some rain and there is a lot of green out there unlike a month and a half ago. The tank I spoke of earlier in 8 now has a few feet of water in it too, but that's in the NE part of 8. The best news I had yesterday was seeing a pic of a bull in one of the dry areas that has what looks like 16" 3s, very massive, and still growing. His T5s were also very long (12"+) and still growing. It wasn't my camera so I don't have the pic, but was shown the pic by the camera owner.

Friday was the last time I was in 8. At that time, it was still dry and Bear Tank, for example, was just cracked dry mud. I was home around noon. Later that day, the dopler radar showed some heavy rain in the area. I was in 8 two days a week for months, but as we approach prime time, I am backing off. For that reason, I wont go up this week.

Thanks for the update. Did you get to look at Bear tank when you were up there? That's my primary indicator for the area.

I was in 36b this weekend. Everything was nice and green, however I was very surprised to see that the tanks were still pretty empty.

Friday was the last time I was in 8. At that time, it was still dry and Bear Tank, for example, was just cracked dry mud. I was home around noon. Later that day, the dopler radar showed some heavy rain in the area. I was in 8 two days a week for months, but as we approach prime time, I am backing off. For that reason, I wont go up this week.

Thanks for the update. Did you get to look at Bear tank when you were up there? That's my primary indicator for the area.

not exactly sure where bear tank is...

Its about 300 yards off the southside of perkinsville rd where pavement turns to dirt. It's a fairly good sized tank and usually holds water year round, but has been dry since February. According to Dopler, the area has been getting some decent rain the last few days. I might head out tomorrow to take a look see.

Its about 300 yards off the southside of perkinsville rd where pavement turns to dirt. It's a fairly good sized tank and usually holds water year round, but has been dry since February. According to Dopler, the area has been getting some decent rain the last few days. I might head out tomorrow to take a look see.

OK, I was mostly10-15 miles NE of that tank & up on the rim. 1-1/2 weeks ago we did get on the Perkinsville Rd, and it was raining there then, but not a lot. Everything was basically wet, but tanks were by no means full. That was near the Whitehorse Lk/Perkinsville rd/jctn.

Oh man phoenix your about ready to get your butty kicked again but from the other side. Be safe

I got a good look today, Bear tank is still totally dry, but all the canyons are holding plenty of water. Seems all the critters dropped into canyons in the lower half of the unit.

Lots of food up on rim, but very little food on the flat.