RAM

Monsoon report

I just left when they closed at 2...........LOL....Hard to type..............BOB!

But did it rain?

I am sure he made it rain, wait might be the wrong type of bar.
Wonder if trphyhntr and Bob was at the bar together.
  • Like 1

I just left when they closed at 2...........LOL....Hard to type..............BOB!

But did it rain?

I am sure he made it rain, wait might be the wrong type of bar.
Wonder if trphyhntr and Bob was at the bar together.

Got over 2" at my house last night. Just got some more too

Maybe they left together as well?

Things change fast. The south east area of 8 got pounded by rain Thursday and Friday. Bear Tank went from bone dry for 6 months to overflowing. The fresh vegetation is finally starting to sprout.

DT Tank on the rim never went entirely dry, but close. So far it is only about 20% full.

The critters in the south half of 8 are starting to spread out, getting back into areas they have vacated since spring.

• Like 1

Was in 8 this weekend. Rained Friday afternoon and then again in the middle of the night. Then got more rain and hail about 4am. Hit or miss. Some tanks were really low and then I saw a pretty big one that would be overflowing with about another foot. Did see my first rub of the year though. Heading back in a couple weeks to check out some more spots and put some cameras out. Put one out this weekend on a wallow.

• Like 3

Was in 8 this weekend. Rained Friday afternoon and then again in the middle of the night. Then got more rain and hail about 4am. Hit or miss. Some tanks were really low and then I saw a pretty big one that would be overflowing with about another foot. Did see my first rub of the year though. Heading back in a couple weeks to check out some more spots and put some cameras out. Put one out this weekend on a wallow.

Buck or Bull rub?

Buck or Bull rub?

Bull rub, thrashed a little pine tree. Wildwoody is right, bucks are still in velvet.

Rain is good but high humidity won't help the rut, had 5bs in 2012 they were rutting 3 days in the whole hunt.

I was in 8 this past weekend and some of the roads that are typically impassible are "finally" that way again (wasn't the case 2 weeks ago).  It only takes a week or two of dry weather for them all to open up again, so access shouldn't be a concern soon.

We also had hail/rain Saturday too.