Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Watch Guys Step Inside

Never been much of a watch person. I was given a Hamilton at graduation in 70 but it went belly up soon after. What would be a good Rolex to invest in either used or new that would be under $3-5K?

Any local places worth dealing with? I know the sand is running out of my hourglass so this will also be a momento of sorts for my son.

Download the ToMo app (Touch of Modern). They have reconditioned and certified Rolex watches for sale often. As for style/model get what you like so your son has an heirloom from/about you. Submariners, GMT, Yacht Masters are all the standard link band models you think of when you think Rolex. All hold or increase their value given time.

Great gift to leave your son!

My rolex is supposed to be serviced every 5 years. The cost $500. They run fast and they run slow. Way over rated.

I think a nice henry rifle ordered from the factory with some engraving would be nice. I think they can also serial # it whith a D.O.B.

• Like 2

I'm with eagle

I'm not a watch guy, basically not a time guy, if I get there on time great if not oooops

That beings said My Father left our son a Rolex from the 60's that he bought when he made Chief. up until the day he passed is was never NOT worn by him except while sleeping shower etc etc.. it never failed him in all the years he had it.

I been thinking of getting one of those automatic winders that keep it wound up. pretty cool watch , the machine work is flawless if your into that sort of thing.

That price range you're looking at the day-date and date just perpetual line. Submariners are shooting up in price due to the demand in Asia. They do hold their value well and would be a nice keepsake.

Rolex Presidential Platinum....only $62,000.00

Submariner for about $7500

The Rolex Air King is about $4000 out the door. It is the cheapest watch Rolex makes.

$2-3k would have to be a used watch in good condition.

I'm such a "Po boy", I use a sun dial.

Was looking around the internet out of curiosity. Lots of watches in the $1-3k range. Just not in the realm of Rolex or Cartier. Cartier makes the tank watch for under $3k, but it is kind of funky looking.