Sign in to follow this  
Freakycamo

Vortex ballistic app

Vortex ballistic app is offline and has been offline for a while now. I like having the field card because it small and I can put it in my pocket. I am old school and like paper. (I don’t always have my phone on me). I have been online to a lot of the bullet manufacture and scope manufactures and others, all of them work but they print out two 8 ½ x 11 sheets. (Too much paper).
Looking for a ballistic app that will print me out a field card small so that I can put it in my pocket or tape to the side of my gun. If anyone has any recommendation please forward it.

Thanks

Use any app you want and make your own chart in any word or spreadsheet program and make it as simple or detailed as you want.

I've used Vortex LRBC with good (accurate) results and have the Ballistic AE app on my phone.

take time to verify that the drops are correct. Many aren't correct or the info into the calculations isn't correct. I always go and shoot the gun at 200 and then out to 400 with a chronograph to make sure that everything matches up. Then don't be afraid to step back to 600-1000 and let her rip. You will learn a bunch about yourself and your gun. They don't always print like they should.

I've made my own tables with actual results a few times and that works even better. Shoot a few know distances without moving your crosshairs and see what the drops actually are. Then record the drops and put it on your stock. Keep in mind that altitude changes will dramatically change your point of impact. Sighting in at Ben Avery and then going to flag expecting your gun to perform the same is an eye opening experience if you get past about 300 yards.

• Like 1