Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

West Valley handyman

There's a reason for contractor pricing, like quality,  liability ins for your protection, registra for your protection, much more, there's a reason I do one trade and not a handyman who is ok with everytrade, oh ya no warranty, scabs, good luck with your handsman. By the way nothing against you I just hate following half assed handyman work. And there not that much cheaper. Be carefull

Correct me if I'm wrong but a Handyman" can only charge labor so he does not need to be licensed. The "homeowner" has to provide all the materials from what I was told. Now if a permit needs to be pulled that still needs to happen. Not knocking any Handymen, but if you are bringing someone on your property they better be legit. If they screw up you have zero recourse, at least with a contractor they have a bond you can go after and not be SOL.

The only thing I never did on my house was when the sewer pipe collapsed and I brought in a contractor. Everything from a new electric service, plumbing repairs, full roof tear off, added an AC when I only had evap was done by me.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:40 PM, wildwoody said:

There's a reason for contractor pricing, like quality,  liability ins for your protection, registra for your protection, much more, there's a reason I do one trade and not a handyman who is ok with everytrade, oh ya no warranty, scabs, good luck with your handsman. By the way nothing against you I just hate following half assed handyman work. And there not that much cheaper. Be carefull

Doesn't take a contractor or contractor pricing to change out a toilet float valve or replace worn weather stripping(just examples). You are correct about quality though which is why I have been asking for referrals for a "good" handyman.

And yes they do exist. I have worked with several over the years. Mostly old timers that just want something to do that are willing to do honest work for an honest price.

This is not for my personal home.

• Like 1

I respect that, your correct you don't need a contractor, and all contractors aren't good or honest either. I had a bad handyman day, seems to happen a lot up here in the sticks..