THREEDFLYER

What rifle caliber is most common for coues deer hunting in AZ?

5 hours ago, 1denogean said:

first of all you need a flatty and a ruger American predator to be able to shoot to 1000, then talk about how much better it is than a custom. then your with the cool crew

LOL as apposed to the "cool crew" with 26" premium barreled   esoteric custom action    with a muzzle break fit for a German 88   chambered in something Nosler or Short Magnum in 7mm or 6.5mm   and all cerakoted    in a McMillan tactical type adj cheek rest custom painted stock     with 20MOA rail    and a Nightforce scope that is as spendy as the rest of the rig?  Honest and in all sincerity (with just a smidge of sarcasm) nothing wrong with that.  Gear heads deserve love to.    BTW  the popular calibers seem to be between 6.5mm and 308 in a case derived from the 30-06, 308win, 284win in standard or AI configuration or one of the newer short fat MAGS  (7REMMAG 300winnyMag aside)

7 hours ago, 1denogean said:

first of all you need a flatty and a ruger American predator to be able to shoot to 1000, then talk about how much better it is than a custom. then your with the cool crew

I never wanted to be a cool kid..  To whinny 

On 9/4/2018 at 7:59 AM, 1denogean said:

I’ll keep the rifle...you can keep the flat brim. 

• Like 1

i think i remember a time back say 90's into early Y2K's when you were not a REAL coues master unless you shot the .30/378 Wby.  did all those rifles go to Africa or what-maybe an excuse for a roll call?  

257 AI or 280 AI.  how 'bout a m99 in 250-3000 w a tang peep sight.  NOT common-who wants to be common?

lee

After all that I am gonna say one thing.   I would go with a rifle big enough to take down a Bull Elk!  I would shoot a 30-06 as this caliber has the widest range of weights and bullet styles.  A good rifle in that caliber can accurately hit out to 800 yards.  My brother has one he shoots 168grn  out to 1000 yards consistently! My dad has dropped everything he shoots with his Smith-Corona 03-A3 shooting a 130grn Hornady.  If you can afford to run multiple rifles then you could shoot the 243 for deer and any heavier caliber for elk. 

411 yard cross canyon shot with a 10 mph crosswind.

1422532_1404093649828615_1820612788_n.jpg

• Like 4

Now There is some wisdom of the ages.  That is real hunting.  Todays shooter needs 50 lbs of 4000 dollar battery operated junk plus pages of dope charts to kill or wound a little whitetail.  😩

• Like 2

killed mine last year at 200 yards with 300 rum. you would have had a hard time finding the entry and exit hole. right through the heart

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, yotebuster said:

2C9A8532-0BB9-4745-87E3-3373A85889F5.jpeg

This is the funniest thing ive seen today!  How is it really superior to a good ole 260 rem?

• Like 2

there are quite a few other memes for 6.5 creedmore. I do not know how to post them. I do like shooting against factory 6.5 creedmore  in F-class though. fun. 

Edited by roninflag