Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Hunting w/Non-Lead

Who cares about some lame butt condors. If they can't adapt let them die

21 years ago i volunteered with G&F wildlife center after military to decompress a bit. I stayed at G&F building in Flag for bowhunter happening i was working and they brought a condor in that was sick and it was a big hush hush dont tell anyone so yes literally hiding the fact that the project was failing so they wouldnt lose peoples support. Now maybe that was lead i dont know but i will always remember the lecture about public perception blah blah blah.

21 years ago i volunteered with G&F wildlife center after military to decompress a bit. I stayed at G&F building in Flag for bowhunter happening i was working and they brought a condor in that was sick and it was a big hush hush dont tell anyone so yes literally hiding the fact that the project was failing so they wouldnt lose peoples support. Now maybe that was lead i dont know but i will always remember the lecture about public perception blah blah blah.

It's a hot button for sure but remember, extinction is forever.

• Like 1

It's a hot button for sure but remember, extinction is forever.

We got plenty of vultures

I was watching Johnny Carson one night and Carl Sagan was the guest, he was likening an animal's extinction with screws holding an airplane together in flight, loose one or two no big deal, loose a bunch in big trouble, I get that. IMHO those Condores can go back to Cali, carrying a Democrat liberal on each wing, with the stipulation that if they fall off, the bird has to come back and pick up two more.

• Like 2

I was watching Johnny Carson one night and Carl Sagan was the guest, he was likening an animal's extinction with screws holding an airplane together in flight, loose one or two no big deal, loose a bunch in big trouble, I get that. IMHO those Condores can go back to Cali, carrying a Democrat liberal on each wing, with the stipulation that if they fall off, the bird has to come back and pick up two more.

Evidently the Dino extinction was not "big trouble". Having duck hunted all my life its been evident to me that some waterfowl are highly adaptable and some are very sensitive to just a narrow slice of environment. Take Mallards they are all over, very adaptable, then Canvasbacks are very particular and thus not doing well. Buzzards are still around a lot but Condors are obviously struggling with the changes. we should be sensitive to our environment and what we affect but at some point observe, analyze do our best not to make things worse but if Condors go away Vultures still fill that niche. The Mexican Grey Wolf is a great example. Turning ourselves inside out to reintroduce when its just a tough environment in the southwest. We have Lions, Bears, BobCats, Coyotes and hunters all doing ok. Maybe the wolves just don't fit anymore? Sad but true. Look there is no bringing Grizzly's back to the AZ or central CALI, just not practical.

Evidently the Dino extinction was not "big trouble". Having duck hunted all my life its been evident to me that some waterfowl are highly adaptable and some are very sensitive to just a narrow slice of environment. Take Mallards they are all over, very adaptable, then Canvasbacks are very particular and thus not doing well. Buzzards are still around a lot but Condors are obviously struggling with the changes. we should be sensitive to our environment and what we affect but at some point observe, analyze do our best not to make things worse but if Condors go away Vultures still fill that niche. The Mexican Grey Wolf is a great example. Turning ourselves inside out to reintroduce when its just a tough environment in the southwest. We have Lions, Bears, BobCats, Coyotes and hunters all doing ok. Maybe the wolves just don't fit anymore? Sad but true. Look there is no bringing Grizzly's back to the AZ or central CALI, just not practical.

Ummm..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.wmicentral.com/news/apache_county/conservationists-pushing-plan-to-reintroduce-grizzly-bears-in-southwest/article_4f3885ac-0245-11e4-b705-001a4bcf887a.html&ved=2ahUKEwjiusjd47vcAhUrj1QKHT9SC_gQFjAJegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1I4IdHKEDWcYHty7z9moif

Give em an inch... They should put some "wild" horses up there in the bab too.

• Like 1

So kill them all so environmentalist can't make shxt up anymore.. Humm

Give em an inch... They should put some "wild" horses up there in the bab too.

I know what you are saying and that you know the difference: Here is my argument.

The problem is horses are not wild, they are feral. We need to be able to argue the difference. Horses did not exist on this continent until the Spaniards brought them over from Europe. Australia is a good example of what happens when a non-native animal is introduced into an ecosystem where it has no natural predators to control the population. Maybe mountain lions have learned to prey on horses but not many other predators to keep the population in check.

With the growth of the human population there is not suitable quantities of habitat to support grizzly bears. There is not suitable habitat for the Mexican Grey Wolf as soon there will be more human/ animal conflicts. Those that don't live in the area are trying to push their agenda on everybody. Look at the wolves in Montana, Wyoming, Minnesota, Idaho, etc.. If they don't get their way they file lawsuits, because if they can tie something for years instead of improving habitat and managing species, so not much can be done afterwards.

The lead free debate is not just about Condors but all raptors. Raptors are opportunistic feeders, usually hunting down their own prey. They will scavenge on other food sources. Bald Eagles are a raptor and will eat dead salmon on the stream banks as well as catch their own live salmon. Most owls, hawks, and other raptors are like this. If I have a chance I will do my part to benefit the habitat. That is what conservation is about. As hunters we should also be conservationist.

Enough Rant.

• Like 1

I was joking. No bears... No horses... No birds??? If they live, they live... All of the ferril horses should be exterminated.