Sign in to follow this  
AZDirtyTaco

Kifaru - Attn Tall Peoples

Santa (UPS dude) came early and I just received my Kifaru Fulcrum pack. This is my first time getting my hands on one of their products and my first impression is pretty dang good. After running a few other packs over the past several years and most recently a Mystery Ranch Marshall, I truly feel that this will be my first hunting pack that will handle everything I can physically hack and I will be comfortable in the process. Well... relatively speaking.

I went through a number of packs on this pack journey of sorts, and just want to pass this along to anyone (especially over 6ft) on the fence about your next pack - Bite the Kifaru $,$$$ bullet and go all in once! You won't regret it. This is the first frame that truly fits me at 75" tall and places the load lifters above the shoulders. Eberlestock, Tenzing, Badlands, Mystery Ranch to name a few... all have short frames and even at max adjustments, never really got the job done for heavier loads over 100 pounds on longer treks of more than a couple miles. My Mystery Ranch was the best of the bunch and has a few fatal flaws that scream at you once you push 120ish! Fully acknowledging that this thing just showed up on my doorstep and hasn't even been driven off the lot, but the differences in the frame are instantly recognizable. And besides, who better to share the excitement of a new pack than a bunch of strangers on the WWW???

The wait is nearly over gents... I hope you all are getting your scouting in and have as many Phoneskope pics of this years buck as you do your first born. Happy hunting!!!

• Like 2

You truly can't appreciate that pack until you carry a deer and four days worth of gear out in it. It's at that moment that you know it was money well spent. And I can assure you, it was money well spent.

• Like 1