Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Lets talk boots

Im finally gonna buy a good pair. Looking for an all around AZ boot for hunting year round and keep my foot dry and cofortable. What do u reccommend.

After the dealer issue got resolved I've been very happy with Crispi, one of if not the best boots I've worn.

I like my Meindel Perfykt Hikers...on my 2nd pair. The first pair are still wearable, just not much tread left. I'd like to check out Crispi too.

• Like 2

Very happy with Crispi.

Im finally gonna buy a good pair. Looking for an all around AZ boot for hunting year round and keep my foot dry and cofortable. What do u reccommend.

Looking at pulling the trigger on something real soon myself. Looking at either Crispi or Lowa. A little torn on whether to go insulated or not. I hunt in Wyoming and Arizona, so my temps vary greatly. Cold feet sucks, so thinking I’ll go with 200 gr. insulation and deal with a little extra foot warmth when it is hot. I’d like to hear what others are doing regarding insulated vs. uninsulated.

My feet sweat a lot. Sweaty feet are cold feet so I roll no insulation. I wear wool socks year around.

• Like 3

I use Lowa. The Renegade is a decent boot for what I put them through. Used to hike out of Grand Canyon on different trails at different times of the year. With a good Smart Wool sock you can't go wrong. Helps that my mother in law works for GORE so there is a discount.

I have major foot and ankle issues and have tried on about everything I could find locally or at shows. I was going to buy the non-insulated Crispi Nevada as they seemed to be the best combination of comfort and support I tried in a non-insulated boot. But I really wanted a 10 inch boot and the Nevadas are 8 inch. Their 10 inch version on the Nevadas are the Guide boot, but they weren't making them in non-insulated at the time. I called Crispi this winter and was told they would have them available soon. I now see them available on their website. That would be my choice/recommendation.